Chapter Eighteen

James quickly hauled her up from the sofa and Ellie sat up properly, trying to avoid Daniel’s eye contact.

“What were you thinking? Huh?!” He growled, and Ellie gulped, trying not to cry.

She felt so guilty and they hadn’t even kissed, it was barely a touch. She looked over Daniel’s shoulder at Beau and he stared at her, a frown gracing his brow. Ellie zoned out, thinking about how she would explain it so it was actually not as bad as Beau had made it out for it to be.

“Its not a game, Ellie. They want you.” Ellie snapped back into reality as the words left his mouth.

“What?” Ellie croaked with sad eyes and looked up at her boyfriend who was towering above her.

“You should have told me when I asked you in the car!” His loud voice boomed through the warehouse, making everyone wince.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” Skip was not angry in a sense, he was mostly worried. Worried that he wasn’t gonna be able to stop what was gonna happen, worried that he couldn’t keep her alive. 

"I didn’t think it was a big deal!" Ellie defended herself, trying to make it look like it was nothing.

"El, you got death threatened, its a big deal." Beau spoke behind Daniel and she looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"I thought it was you!" She argued and looked around her.

James were on one side of her, Luke was on the other. Both giving her supportive back pats there and then. Jai was on the sofa with wide eyes, eating. It was like a movie for him.

"Beau wouldn’t do that." Daniel growled and Ellie shook her head.

"I didn’t know what to think ok? He’s been hating me ever since I got here, why wouldn’t he want me dead?!" The words cut Beau like a knife, it stung. But he cooly played it off like it was nothing. 

"Do you think he would actually be that stupid?" Skip spat at his girlfriend, he didn’t understand what she was thinking with.

"Are you thinking with your tits or something?!" He yelled and Ellie stood up with a gasp.

"You’re a dick." She spat at her boyfriend.

"Well I fucking had to ask, there's no reason for you not to tell me!" He argued and Ellie rolled her eyes, a huff of breath leaving her lips.

"I didn’t tell you because I thought my mind was playing a trick on me okay?! You’re making me fucking insane." She screamed, her loud voice bouncing off the walls.

She pushed past Daniel but he grabbed her upper arm.

"Don’t." She pleaded, wriggling her arm around. His fingers loosened as he let out a sigh, Ellie yanked her arm out of his grip. 

Ellie was furious, she couldn’t help herself.

Why was this such a big deal, and how was it her fault? Jai felt bad for Ellie, she didn’t know why it got Daniel so upset. She didn’t know what was gonna happen, and she didn’t deserve the blame for it. James watched her walk out with angry steps, certain that she was gonna blow. Luke just stared at his big brother, confused about what had happened in the kitchen. He could tell that something was up, but it wasn’t just that Ellie had been death threatened.

Everyone stood watching Ellie walking out the door. She knew it would be something she would regret later, but she just couldn’t help herself.

“Fuck all of you!” She screamed as she stormed towards Skips car.

“OH and F.Y.I Daniel.” She breathed.

“Your so called ‘best friend’ tried to kiss me in the kitchen.”