Chapter Sixteen

Hey Chickianyas,

Here is the new update, I hope you enjoy! 10 votes and 8 comments for the next chapter!

Happy reading! x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where’s Beau?" Ellie asked once again, a bit louder this time.

"He’s out, been out all day, since we got back." Jai rested a soft hand against her shoulder.

She gulped, Beau hated her guts, but surely he wouldn’t wish her dead? Ellie quickly dismissed the bad thoughts in her head and turned to Jai with a smile.

"How are you feeling?" She asked gently, her eyes travelling across his bare chest down to the wound.

"Who stitched it?" She frowned, looking at the lines crossing his stomach.

"James did, he’s become pretty skilled with it after all these years." Jai said softly, chewing on a gummy vine.

Ellie’s eyes wandered over his chest, her eyes widened at the sight of all the scars. Jai slowly chuckled.

"You think they’re bad?" Ellie looked up at his face biting the inside of her cheek, Jai smiling down at her.

"Well aren’t they?" She softly asked.

"No, you should see Skips. Actually I’m surprised you haven’t seen them." His eyes brows raised and Ellie’s cheeks flushed a blooming red.

She couldn’t understand that she didn’t notice them.

"I guess you didn’t pay attention to that ey?" He winked and Ellie just wanted to die there and then from embarrassment.

She was always touchy when it came to sex, didn’t really see how it was anyones business. She didn’t mind the boys though, they weren’t being mean about it. 

"Hey guys." Ellie eyes snapped around as she heard his voice.

Beau walked in, pulling the black drenched hoodie from his body, shaking the water from his hair lighty. Choruses of hello echoed through the warehouse and Beau made it in to the kitchen. Ellie quickly excused herself, no one really noticing her, all in grossed into conversation. She shivered as she slowly walked towards the kitchen, only the thought about what she was gonna do made her blood run cold.

"Um.. Beau?" She asked softly as she stood in the doorway.

He looked up at her with a ‘whats up’ look on his face.

"Can we talk?" She stepped inside, slowly closing the door behind her. She stood there silent for a while, watching Beau grow impatient.

"Well spit it out!"

Ellie gulped as she fought back the tears that were threatening to spill over the edge.

“Come on Eleanor, i don’t have all da-” Beau spoke harshly as Ellie cut him off.

“Why do you hate me?!” She silently cried and Beau was shocked by the question.

He didn’t hate her, actually she was a lot of fun. But he knew that this would always end badly, no matter whom it was. He didn’t want to get attached if it was gonna be taken away, even if she would only be a friend.

“What have i done to make you hate me so much?!” She looked at him and he opened his mouth, trying to tell her to stop saying such silly things.

But he couldn’t, it was easier just to shut down and don’t focus on any emotions. 

"I-I.." he begun, trying to form an coherent sentence.

"And what was that fuckery today?!" Ellie thought back to the moment in the car.

"Why would you do that to me?!" Beau was confused at her words, he was actually really confused.

He hadn’t seen much of her today, only this morning and now.

"What are you talking about?" He frowned gripping her shoulder.

"Why would you wish me dead?" She croaked looking up at his face, he was a beautiful person, she couldn’t deny that.

But he wanted her gone. She quickly snapped back and pulled away from his embrace.

"What are you talking about Ellie?" Beau was worried now, after seeing the terrified look on her face. 

"When me and Skip were at the garage i stayed inside the car, about ten minutes later…" She explained the whole story and Beau frowned.

"Are you sure?" He asked, Ellie bit her lip, unsure of what to say.

It all felt so real, and she didn’t have any reason to imagine it.

"Yes." She croaked, hoping that it had all been real.

"You have to tell Skip." Beau stated and Ellie nodded, turning around to head to the rest of the group.

"El.." Beau sighed, gripping her hand.

"I don’t hate you.." He said, his eyes honest.

"I just.. I don’t let myself get attached to anyone.. You never know if they’re gonna be here tomorrow."