Chapter Two: Hunting Trip

I DON'T OWN WARRIOR CATS, ALL RIGHTS GO TO ERIN HUNTER!

Chapter 2: Hunting Trip

That night, Misty had a nightmare. Or so she thought it was a nightmare.

Screams from cats filled Misty's ears. Blood was everywhere. Misty was in the forest, right in the middle of a war. Then a cat appeared.

"The mist shall save the Clans, and all other cats. The war will be ended, and many cats shall lose their lives. But the mist will fight on, and save the cat world from end." the cat said. Misty had taken a good look at the cat. He was white with yellow spots-no, yellow stars. He almost seemed as if he was glowing.

Just like he appeared, the cat disappeared into the mist and was gone. Then Misty heard a yowl, and a cat lunged at her with claws outstretched.

"AAHHHHH!!!!" Misty yowled, jumped up onto her feet.

Winter, who was stretching outside the den, rushed inside with a look of horror on her face and claws out. "What's wrong?!" she asked quickly.

"I-I had a bad dream..." Misty said. Her siblings stared at her. Snowflake and Winter went to comfort her. Shadow laughed, and Night stayed still. Night never spoke or did much.

"it's okay...you're okay. It was just a dream..." Winter said, nuzzling Misty. Snowflake licked Misty's ear. "Don't worry. If whatever happened in your dream really happens, I'll be there to protect you.

After Misty was calmed down and Shadow got all the laughter out, Winter noticed that her kits were getting skinnier. She must not have hunted enough, and this would be the perfect time to teach her kits to hunt. "Okay, kits, are you hungry?" she asked. The kits nodded their heads over and over. "Well, today you're going to learn to hunt."

Misty was probably the most excited. She jumped around with glee and was very hyper. Shadow was rolling his eyes as if this was so easy. "I'll catch much more prey than all three of you combined ever will." he said. Night stayed silent. Snowflake was nervous that she wouldn't catch anything or that they might get into trouble. "Can I stay home? I think I'll stay home. It's much safer..." she said. Winter shook her head. "I'm not leaving you home alone. Come, let's go."

The family traveled into the forest. Winter left scent marks from time to time in case someone came. Soon, she sniffed the ground and stopped. "There's a few squirrels nearby. I'll show you how to catch one." The cats sheathed their claws and quietly walked to where the squirrels were. One of the squirrels was far enough from the group so when it was caught, the other squirrels wouldn't run off. Winter crouched down. She unsheathed her claws. Slowly crawling towards the squirrel, she whispered her moves to her kits. After getting close enough, Winter quickly pounced on the squirrel and clawed its neck. She bit the neck just to be sure. "That's how you hunt." she said, picking up the squirrel.

Snowflake was absolutely horrified. "I don't want to hunt..." she whispered. Winter licked Snowflake's ear. "You'll do fine." she said.

Misty had listened to everything. She was already crouched, and was focused on a fat squirrel. Her tiny claws were unsheathed. She walked towards her prey, staring intently. After she was a short distance away from the squirrel, she pounced. Her claws dug into the squirrel's neck and she bit it. Misty felt so happy, until...

Shadow pounced on her and clawed her, barely missing her neck. "Ow!!!!" Misty screamed, throwing Shadow off. The squirrels had run away.

Shadow was outraged. "You messed up my pounce!" he yelled.

"You clawed me, and you saw me kill that squirrel! You pounced on me anyway though!" Misty looked like she was going to burst. Shadow was blaming this on her!

Winter broke up the fight just before Misty could claw Shadow. "Stop fighting! Shadow, you need to be more careful about where you jump, and honestly you wouldn't have caught that squirrel. You pounced to early. Misty, that was a great catch, and I'm sorry Shadow clawed you. But you were in his way. You need to be more careful."

Shadow growled at Misty. "I'll get you back." he muttered.

Misty stuck her tongue out at him. "Yeah, right." she said.

After a few more hunts, they came back to the den. Misty had caught four squirrels, two mice, and a pigeon. Shadow had caught two squirrels and three mice. Snowflake, who hated hunting, caught a rabbit. Night didn't catch anything, but he didn't actually try. He just stood by Winter and followed her around. Winter tried to get him to hunt, but he refused. Winter had caught one squirrel, two pigeons, and got some herbs to treat Misty's cuts.

There was a lot of food for dinner that night. The cats were stuffed, and there were still leftovers. Winter had dug another area in the den to keep the food. Misty had begged her mother to let her try and dig a little room in the den for herself to sleep. When Winter gave in and said yes, all the kits asked to do it. Night didn't ask. He just started digging without saying a word.

That night, Misty slept in her tiny room she made. She'd gotten some soft moss and leaves to sleep on, and she had dug far enough so that there weren't roots hanging from the roof that would itch her. Misty had even found some vines, which she hung on the doorway to her room for privacy. There was a dent in one of the walls, so Misty kept some of her dead prey there for when she was hungry.

Misty fell asleep almost immediately when she laid down in her mossy nest. She was happy that she had Winter for a mother and such a great family. She fell asleep happy, knowing she had a family to love.

                                                                  TO BE CONTINUED

Hope you enjoyed! I worked hard on this chapter. Unfortunatley, NO ONE RATES MY STUFF (besides Cheetha12346, thanks gurl)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON! Anyways...

READ

WRITE

MEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP