Chapter Eight: Deathclan

Ok, no more Chapter Bla bla bla whatever stuff. I'm too lazy. STORY TIME

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clawfur walked through a small gap in the bushes surrounding the Clan's heart. He growled with delight. Just need to get through the forest and across the river, and I'm home free...

"Hey, Clawfur!" a voice called out. Clawfur spun aorund. Spoke too soon.

Ashpaw bounded up to his mentor. "Once again, hello, Clawfur!" he mewed. "Are we going to train?"

"No, you little rat dropping!" Clawfur growled. "I'm going...um...hunting. Alone."

"Okay..." Ashpaw said, sounding upset. His mentor never called him "rat dropping", or any name like that for the matter. "Sorry to bother you." He quickly ran away.

"Good, the little mouse-brain is gone." Clawfur mumbled before dashing through the forest. He stopped at the river, walking along the edge until he got to a log that lead across it. The log was large, enough for three cats to walk side by side. It was used to cross for Gatherings, but Clawfur didn't care about that. He crossed. There was an abandoned Twoleg path used for the cats the get to the Gathering area. It also lead to Oakclan, Pineclan, and Mapleclan. Calwfur went the other direction the path branched onto. It lead to a dark looking forest not used by any of the Clans. They thought of it like the ground world's Dark Forest. Clawfur thought it was perfect. He ran through the forest, following the scent track-of blood. He found a bunch of ash-covered rocks with blood splattered all over them. Cats were training. They were fighting against each other, clawing the old tree bark, and jumping on dangerously sharp rocks. But they crowded Clawfur as he walked up to a large boulder jutting above the others with a hollow inside. He got on the top.

"Attention rouges, loners, kittypets, and Clan cats. We have gathered here for the starting of a new Clan-Deathclan!" Clawfur shouted. Growls of delight answered him. "I will lead you into battle for the downfall of those petty other Clans with their rules and all of that nonsense. You will adress me as Clawstar, and I am yet to choose a deputy. The deputy's position will go to a cat who kills without mercy and sent a warning to my old 'Clan', Birchclan," he hissed at the name, "And that cat is...Bone! He has made himself worthy of this position and will kill you on sight if you do something wrong. Understand?" Clawstar gave no time for cheering at all. Bone had been proud, strutting up to the top of the rock with Clawstar.

Nevous cats nodded, and some growled in agreement. "Then, my new Clanmates, make your nests in your dens. There are eight dens, not including mine and Bone's, which makes ten since I do not share and neither shall he, and room for six nests in each den. Make sure you're in a den with someone that you won't blab to all night. If you do that, you will meet certain death.  Now go! I must return to my Clan to avoid suspicion. If you need food, hunt the crows and large rats in the forest. Put them on the old stump in the middle of the Clan when done hunting. Deathclan has begun!" Clawstar shouted. He walked over to Bone. "Watch the cats while I am gone. Tell any Clan cats to report back here at least every quarter moon, hopefully every night. Those are my words, make sure they don't think 'hopefully' means I am a bit sweet or what not. I am not."

Bone nodded. "Yes. I will."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Death has risen. The mist must use thunder and roses to defeat the claws of shadows and the dark of night. Snowflakes are needed." the starry cat said. Mistypaw wasn't hurt this time, though. She was in a meadow instead of in a blood battle. There were two starry cats. The male was speaking. Winter, the female, was standing behind him.

"We know you wonder who we are. You know your mother is with me," the male said, gesturing with his tail to Winter, "And I am Jaypelt. I was Birchclan's old deputy, but I died before I could become leader."

Mistypaw was reminded of Ferncloud. "Is Ferncloud here?" she asked.

"We aren't able to bring her yet, but you will see her soon. We must go, you're waking up. We'll see you again soon, but you need a good night's rest tomorrow...goodbye." Jaypelt said, fading away. Winter dashed to Mistypaw and licked her ear.

"I love you, my sweet kit." she whispered.

"I love you too." Mistypaw said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mistypaw, wake up!" Thunderpaw was on Mistypaw's stomach. "Get up!" he called.

"I'm up..." MIstypaw grumbled. Thunderpaw was cutting off her air. "Get off me, I can't breathe with you there..."

"Sorry!" Thunderpaw said, hopping off. "You weren't sweating or screaming. That's a good sign."

"Yep," Mistypaw said.

Rosepaw burst into the room. "The Gathering is today!" she shouted. "I'll bet you three voles that we're going!"

"It's a bet. I hope we go, but it's always Ravenpaw and his little sidekick." Thunderpaw said.

"Thunderpaw, Rosepaw, and Mistypaw, come out here." Mossystar called. The three apprentices bounded out.

"Are we going to the Gathering?" Rosepaw asked excitedly.

"Yes, you all are. Ravenpaw and Fangpaw are staying behind. You three, Ashpaw, Reefpaw, Rainpaw,  and Icepaw are coming. Ravenpaw and Fangpaw have to go train. You're becoming warriors soon after the others are."

Later that day, the group of cats going was assembled. It was Mossystar, Sunleaf (the new deputy), Rivertail, Poppyfur, Clawfur, and the apprentices (I don't feel like listing all of them again).

TO BE CONTINUED

READ

WRITE

MEAP