Chapter Eighteen: Mourning

Mistyleaf screamed. "Ravenclaw, why did you do it?" up to the sky. The other cats let her, even if she was talking to no one. Ravenclaw loved her. Now he was gone. Even Thunderclaw felt horrible that he was gone. His rival was pretty cool, and since he was dead Mistyleaf was broken.

A moon later

"Snowflake's got whitecough," Rivertail mewed.

Leafpelt sighed. "That's the third case. And I still can't get Mistyleaf to do anything. She just keeps saying no. Nothing else."

"I can help if you'd like," Rivertail offered.

"Okay, can you get me some catnip? There's some by the twolegplace," Leafpelt said. Rivertail nodded and ran out.

Leafpelt walked over to Mistyleaf, who was staring at her paws. "Mistyleaf..." Leaftpelt started.

"He's gone," Mistyleaf whispered. Leafpelt was surprised. These were the first words she'd said besides no.

"He's with StarClan now. He'll watch over you," Leafpelt mewed. She nuzzled the poor warrior's flank, knowing how horrible it must feel to lose someone that loved you, especially when they saved your life.

"I'd rather have died instead of him," Mistyleaf sighed. She stretched her paws. "Where's Snowflake?"

Leafpelt smiled, happy to see Mistyleaf finally wanting to talk to someone else. "She's in her den. But be careful. Rivertail just said she has whitecough."

"I heard, but thanks," Mistyleaf purred before getting up and padding to the warrior den.

Snowflake sat in her nest, Roseheart on one side and Rivertail on the other. Rainstorm stood behind Roseheart. When Mistyleaf entered, Snowflake shot up out of the nest. "Mistyleaf!" she cried happily, running to her sister and nuzzling her.

"Hi, Snowflake," Mistyleaf meowed

"Are you alright? I've been waiting so long to see you!" Snowflake purred.

"I needed to get Ravenclaw out of my head. He's in StarClan now and I need to accept that," Mistyleaf said.

Roseheart padded up to them. "He's with us in spirit." Mistyleaf nodded. Roseheart waited for Mistyleaf to ask where Thunderclaw was, but Mistyleaf didn't ask.

Before Roseheart could say something, Glimmercloud burst in. "Have you seen Gingerkit and Applekit? They're still gone!" she cried nervously.

Mistyleaf thought back to her time in DeathClan. "They may be in DeathClan, but I don't know for sure."

"DeathClan?" Glimmercloud echoed, loud enough for the whole clan to hear. "They're in DeathClan?! You didn't bother to save them?"

Glimmercloud didn't like Mistyleaf ever since Ravenclaw got shot. She blamed Mistyleaf for it for "getting her clumsy paws into trouble yet again".

"Oh, well I'm sorry that I was locked up watching your leader die, trying to help her. Then when I was free, I was saving her life. The only reason she's still alive is because Thunderclaw and I were there," Mistyleaf growled.

"Did you take a second to look around, or are you too blind?" Glimmercloud shot back.

Mistyleaf couldn't help unsheathing her claws. She gripped the ground and her tail lashed back and forth. But she maintained a calm voice. "We've both lost someone we loved. He's-" she glanced at Leafpelt who was watching from her den-"with us in spirit."

Snowflake coughed, interrupting the fight, even if it was dying down. Glimmercloud glared at Mistyleaf before padding away. Mistyleaf sheathed her claws and walked to Snowflake.

"Are you okay?" the sisters asked at the same time. They giggled and nodded. "I needed to blow off some steam," Mistyleaf explained.

"Whitecough," Snowflake mewed. 

"Oh," Mistyleaf sighed. She licked Snowflake's ear. "Where's Thunderclaw?"

"He said something about hunting, but he's been gone for awhile..." Snowflake replied. Mistyleaf licked her sister's ear one more time before sprinting into the forest.

If there was one place Thunderclaw would go and stay for awhile, it was DeathClan.

To Be Continued

More fillers, sorry :( But when she goes to DeathClan the war starts since Roseheart convinced most of the Clan to follow her follow Mistyleaf...fudge I spoiled it. sorry! But that's not the best part, don't worry...PIE

READ

WRITE

MEAP