Chapter Twenty: Gorge Fight

Shadow had grown from the rude little kit to terrifying beast. Mistyleaf could only stare at him in horror. He still towered over her like he did when they were kits, and it still made her tremble.

"Ah, my weak little sister, we have much to discuss," Shadow purred. "But  we won't discuss it, unfortunately, because you must die."

Mistyleaf growled and clawed at the dirt. "I thought you were dead," she whispered. "I mourned you. But I realize now that you are heartless and have no place in this forest. You will be the one to die."

A warm scent filled Mistyleaf's nostrils. Not one scent, but two: Ravenclaw and Ferncloud. They would fight with her.

Thunderclaw put Gingerkit down, who scampered to her sister and stood with her. Thunderclaw stared at Mistyleaf, whose confidence seemed to have disappeared. If Mistyleaf was nervous about this fight, it would obviously be hard to win.

Shadow glared at the cat holding Mistyleaf down, and the cat got off of her. Mistyleaf got to her paws, trembling, and the two cats circled each other.

"I've always been stronger than you. Even our mother was scared of me," Shadow purred, claws brushing the dirt below him. "And so are you." He lunged, but Mistyleaf was quick. She dodged him and clawed at his side.

Shadow kicked her away and it went back to when they were hunting. Mistyleaf staggered, and Shadow pounced on her, clawing her flank. Mistyleaf growled and got to her paws.

Thunderclaw was not going to sit and watch his love get killed in a fight. He saw Shadow pin Mistyleaf to the ground and took his chance. He lunged at Shadow and threw him off Mistyleaf.

Shadow licked some blood from a cut on his nose, grinning. "Ah, the little hero is here to save his princess. But not every story has a happily ever after," he purred, attacking Thunderclaw. The two rolled around, dangerously close to the gorge.

Shadow saw the edge first and took a second to get on top of Thunderclaw and pushed him to the edge. "Good-bye, you poor excuse for a warrior," he purred, before pushing Thunderclaw off.

Mistyleaf stared in shock as Thunderclaw fell. The last thing she saw of him was his claw grabbing Shadow's, pulling both of them down. Shadow's eyes widened in terror as he slipped and fell into the depths of the gorge, both cats crying for help.

"Thunderclaw!"

Roseheart froze, hearing the faint cry of Thunderclaw's name. She had searched everywhere for him but couldn't find him. Following the sound of the cry, Roseheart dashed to the gorge. She saw Mistyleaf screaming, and her eyes widened with shock when Mistyleaf jumped off the edge.

To Be Continued

AGH, fillers D: I wated to make this super long and descriptive but I can't think of anything!!!! D: but we reached 1K reads, YAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D and 96 votes O.o I am so happy :D and twenty chapters...in an actual Warriors book there would be exactly 30 chapters. I'm gonna try to get there, but ty all for getting me this far :D There will be a good chappy next :3

READ

WRITE

MEAPPPPPPPPPPPP