Chapter Twenty-Two: The Aftermath

Snowflake and Night had helped Mistyleaf get to the DeathClan camp so they could bring BirchClan back. Thunderclaw and Roseheart had knocked Clawstar unconscious and were dragging his limp body back with them. The kits were running around playfully, close enough so that they didn't leave Snowflake's sight.

When the group got to the camp, it was devastated. Mingled scents of every Clan were smelled, and a few cowering DeathClan cats sat in a den on the far side of the camp with several cats guarding them.

The cats were silent when they noticed the group with Clawstar. I stead, they were all crowded in the middle of the camp. Someone was killed.

Mistyleaf felt energy rise inside of her, and anxiety as well. She darted into the middle of the circle and saw a horrifying sight: Mossystar, bleeding from a huge gash in her chest. She was dying.

Mistyleaf expected herself to go crazy, but instead she felt strangely calm. She crouched next to Mossystar and spoke. "We did it. We caught Clawstar and completed the prophecy. But because of me, you are dying." Mistyleaf wanted to trade places with Mossystar to just let her live.

"Mistyleaf, if it wasn't for you none of us would be here," Mossystar rasped. "I love you as I would if you were my daughter. You are the mist destined to save the Clans by uniting them and fighting death. Your stories will be remembered for generations." And with a last dying breath, Mossystar went limp.

Mistyleaf touched noses with the dead leader. "I will never forget you," she whispered.

Back at BirchClan

Mistyleaf sat in the medicine cat den, allowing Leafpelt to apply cobwebs to her cuts. She knew that nothing could heal the scars inside her, but a loving Clan could help her endure them.

"Alright," Leafpelt meowed. "That's the last one. You're done." She licked Mistyleaf's ear. "And you can always come to me for help," she whispered into Mistyleaf's ear.

Sunleaf climbed up onto the Highbranch and called the meeting call. Mistyleaf sighed. It just wasn't the same.

She took her place on a patch of moss in between Thunderclaw and Snowflake. Thunderclaw licked her ear affectionately

"We all know Mossystar was killed for the ninth time this night. I am taking on position as leader, and I must choose a deputy," Sunleaf meowed. Mistyleaf listened to the ritual and pricked her ears eagerly to hear who the new deputy was.

"Mistyleaf will be the new Clan deputy."

BLEEP

There is gonna be an epilogue so I don't know if this would be the end, so I said bleep. But YAY MISTYLEAF IS DEPUTY :) I know making the main character deputy isn't original but I have a bunch of plans and it involves her becoming deputy so yeah. PIEEEEE

READ

WRITE

MEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP