Chapter Ten: A New Member

Clawfur had slipped away during the Gathering. He was busy ordering around his cats and telling them what to do. He watched the cats battle each other and draw blood.

"Clawstar! The Gathering is over. I think I know a good first target," Bone said.

"Hmm? And who might it be?" Clawstar growled.

"PineClan. Dark (that is the name of a cat in this part) and I were pondering OakClan, but they've got patrols everywhere at all times," Bone responded.

"Perfect," Clawstar purred. "Here's the plan. I want Clan cats going into the heart. That'll make PineClan think that the other Clans are trying to attack them. The rouges and kittypets attack the border patrols and the hunting patrols deeper in the forest. I am not going to this battle. If PineClan notices me there, BirchClan will be notified and we'll be caught. Bone, you will lead the cats in battle going into the heart of PineClan. Dark will lead the cats going to the border patrols and hunting patrols. Dark's group will attack first, forming a path for your group to go into the heart of their Clan. Leave some survivors. We want to send a warning to the other Clans."

"Okay, Clawstar. I'll tell Dark and the rest of DeathClan," Bone said, running to his den where Dark was.

"Good," Clawstar said to himself, "They will all perish, those stupid Clan cats."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mom?" Mistypaw called, running through the meadow.

"Misty!" a voice responded.

"Hi, Mom!" Mistypaw said, nuzzling her mother.

"Misty, can you follow me? Jaypelt is waiting somewhere else." Winter purred, picking her kit up by the scruff and carrying her through the stars.

They landed in a dark place with broken branches and no leaves. "Mom, why are we here?" Mistypaw asked.

"This is where death is. Jaypelt is waiting." Winter responded, walking into the forest.

Mistypaw shuddered, but followed. Jaypelt was worth going into the land version of the Dark Forest.

"Mistypaw," Jaypelt said, breaking her thoughts.

"Hi, Jaypelt. Why are we here?" Mistypaw looked up at the starry tom.

"This is where death resides. You need to find Snowflake. She is stil alive." Jaypelt responded.

"Snowflake is alive?! Are Night and Shadow alive, too?" Mistypaw asked, hope rising in her chest.

Jaypelt's eyes darkened. "Yes...but they are trained in the ways of death. They are set to kill all of the Clan cats."

Mistypaw couldn't believe it. She looked to Winter, but Winter was crying and was muttering to herself how she had kits who became murderers.

"Snowflake is in that rabbit hole. She's still living there. Find her." Jaypelt said, fading away. "Find her..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Snowflake is alive!" Mistypaw screamed, sitting up.

Thunderpaw was up and next to her. "Who's Snowflake?"

Mistypaw took a deep breath, in and out. "She's-she's my sister. My brothers are alive too, but...they are going to try killing us."

"They will only kill you if they get past me," Thunderpaw reassured her.