eight

•Eight• Sousuke's POV •

I was staring at Rin, waiting for a better response.

"Well?" I said, both of my hands in my pockets.

"Sousuke..." All he did was repeat himself, as if he was in a transe.

A kid was asking him if he was alright and poking his arms. What was his name? I didn't know.

"Rin?" The boy clicked his fingers and did all sorts to try and get his attention.

"What did I do?" I rolled my eyes and went over to my friend. People were leaving the pool while quietly talking about what was happening.

"Rin?" I sighed sitting next to him. Then I turned to the boy. "I'm Sousuke."

"I'm Nitori." Replied the kid with a smile.

"Now that's cleared up, what shall we do with him?" I asked. Rin was staring at the relaxing pool, ignoring us both.

"I don't know," Nitori replied. "I've never seen him like this."

"Me too." I shrugged.

"How long have you known each other?"

That made me think. It was definitely a long time. When we were kids, we always used to swim together and have fun. But then I started to notice Rin having more fun with other people who went to the old swim club. The one which was teared down but is now rebuilt. Before I went to Samezuka's pool I went to the new swim club for memories sake.

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

"We have known each other forever." I simply said.

"Forever?" Gasped Nitori. I nodded. "Then if anyone, you can get through to him?"

I nodded again, and saw Nitori start to leave. "I'll see you later!" He yelled at the door politely.

Now it was just us. "You had to be awkward didn't you?" I joked with a little laugh at the end. Rin didn't reply. Maybe he was in shock... I should have warned him I was coming. "Sorry."

"About what?" Rin mumbled quietly.

"For shouting about Haru from across the room." I apologised.

"It's fine."

"It's not," I shrugged. "Look what I've done to you."

"Do you think I'm like this because everyone knows about me now?" Rin questioned me, still quietly.

"Yeah." I answered truthfully.

"Sousuke, I was surprised."

"At what?"

"At you coming back and slightly because you knew without me saying anything to you. But that doesn't matter!" Rin exclaimed with a smile.

"Wow... that's nice." I smiled. "I thought you'd not like seeing me again. Not after all this time."

"You're so stupid sometimes." Rin laughed with me.

"I can agree with that."

We were both enjoying ourselves like the old days. The old days before Rin left. Then I left. But now were both back and it was great.

After we finished laughing, I started to ask more questions. "How long have you and Haru been together?"

"It's been a few days. Not that long but it feels amazing still." My friend answered.

"I'm guessing Gou took it well?"

"She loved it."

"I can imagine." I smiled.

"Speaking of Gou, you should go visit her," Rin paused. "And the others."

"The others?" I blinked.

"Makoto and Nagisa." Rin spoke. "I bet everyone will be glad to see you again."

"Probably." I blinked.

"I'll go and get changed and we can go see them... wait." Rin gasped. "Where are you staying?"

"I don't know yet, but I was wondering if I could stay with you?

"Of course, if you don't mind sleeping on the floor." Rin agreed.

"I'm sure we can make a bed somehow." I spoke as Rin left me to go to the changing room. "I'll meet you outside!"

"Alright."

I made my way outside and stood there. It wasn't very late. I looked at my phone to see the time was 5:16. For some reason, I felt worried about seeing everyone again.

***
Rin came back in his Samezuka uniform. "I need to tell you something." I said.

"What is it?" We both began to walk somewhere. Rin was leading the way.

"I am joining Samezuka." I announced.

"Really?" Exclaimed Rin with a smile.

"Yeah. It's why I have come back." I added.

"Thats great! Are you going to join the swim team?" Rin asked, his eyes lit up.

"Probably. If your coach lets me." I shrugged. "I don't see why not. I've been training in one of the best schools for years."

"Thats awesome. I'm so glad you're back. Things can get lonely at Samezuka, even though I have friends there." Rin cheerfully spoke.

We carried on walking and talking, and soon we got to a school. Iwatobi...

"Hey." Rin said after we walked to an outdoor pool. I stood at the pool's enterence looking at all of my old friends.

From the door I could see Makoto. I had an idea he would be that tall. There was someone I didn't know, too. Then I saw Rin and Haru hugging. Haru looked even more emotionless than when we were kids.

"Sousuke?" Yelled Rin.

I stared at Haru and came out of the doorway. His water blue eyes were wide.

"Hello." I smirked.

*
A/N

I'm sorry if this chapter was weird and shit, but I had this idea and needed to write it before I had forgotten it all :3

There will be more drama which will be fantastic for me to write and (hopefully) great for you to read.

This book is no where near finished, and I am so excited to get more into it.

Thankyou for reading, and stay tuned for a new update soon!!

I have no update schedule so I am sorry about that. There will be a new update in the next few days for sure :p