fifteen

•Fifteen• Rei's POV •

With Makoto gone and Nagisa at Iwatobi, it was down to myself and Rin to help Haru at his house. Earlier that day, we had helped him into bed, because the doctors told us he needed to relax and have no stress. We had been missing school, too. I didn't really mind about that. Helping my friend was my main priority at that moment in time.

"You don't have to do this," Rin said. We were in the kitchen eating food while Haru was sleeping. "I think I will be fine looking after Haru on my own."

Neither did I care about that. I wanted to help Haru. Whether he didn't want me to, Rin not wanting me to, in fact, if anyone didn't want me to I would still do it anyway.

Because I'm a friend.

I told Rin about how I wanted to help and at last he allowed me to completely.

***
It was 1:15 in the afternoon, and Rin and Haru were having a talk alone. As a result I was alone in the lounge, reading a random book I had found in Haru's kitchen. I didn't really stop to read the title... How to Cook Mackerel.

How could I have not guessed?

Anyway, time passed and I had to reply to many messages from Nagisa. While I typed away I thought about what Rin and Haru were talking about. Not that it was any of my business. I was just, curious.

The messages were sent and I decided to check up on the pair. "Hello." I yelled, knocking on the door three times. There was no reply for a while which worried me.

I opened the door and saw Haru and Rin sleeping. They were cuddled together peacefully. It made me think.

Will I ever find love?

At the thought I shook my head and left the room. Afterwards I didn't know what to do. I mean, I couldn't disturb them because that would be rude. Or just leave because that's also rude.

Instead I just balanced the positives and negatives of each option, waiting for someone to turn up and talk to me.

•Haru's POV•

Slowly my eyes opened. I was warm and happy... it was amazing. Rin was still asleep, and I didn't want to wake him up. He looked so calm... I was calm.

For a few minutes I just lay facing the ceiling, but soon got bored and decided to go and find Rei. Carefully, I lifted myself up and saw a black hoodie on my bed. I reached over and slipped it on, then put my legs over the bed so they were hanging down. My feet were touching the floor, and I slowly lifted my weight off the bed and stood up.

"Haru?" It was Rin. He sat up and raised an eyebrow at me. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to find Rei." I replied, reluctant to step forwards. Rin could see I was struggling.

"Let me give you a hand." He said. Then I saw him crawling across the bed. He stopped and stood up, and gently put his arm around my shoulder.

"Thanks..." I blushed slightly, and we slowly began to walk.

"It's fine."

My legs were gradually getting stronger. They still felt like jelly, but with every step with Rin I felt better.

We had started to walk to my kitchen. "I'll make you some food." Rin offered with a smile.

"Thanks." I replied. He sat me down on a chair and left to find Rei.

"How are you, Haru?" Soon he was stood at the kitchen door, looking at me.

For a moment I thought he had left, but then realised Rei would never leave. First he would say so.

"I'm feeling so much better," I answered his question. "Will Makoto and Nagisa come later?"

Then I remembered... Gou...

"Gou?" Asked Rin, looking in my fridge. He wanted to surprise me with what he was going to make. "What about her?"

I felt confused. Can Rin read my mind? All these thoughts made me even more perplexed.

"You started to talk about Gou." Rei said.

I blinked and pretended to remember I had done so. "Oh yeah. Does she know about what's happened?"

Rin nodded. "I told her and she said she was going to visit today sometime."

"Thats a relief," I breathed out. "I thought we had forgotten to say something."

"She wouldn't have minded." Rin shrugged. I watched him cook something which was very familiar.

"Swim practice was cancelled today." Rei said to me.

"Because of me..." I sighed.

"No. You've done nothing wrong." Rin placed some food in front of me and smiled.

A small smile crept upon my face, which made me feel quite weird. It takes a lot to make me even grin, let alone smile.

Rin had made me mackerel on toast.

"Thanks." I looked up at him, my smile slightly faded but still noticable. "Do you want anything?" Then I had turned to Rei, who was scrolling through, as I assumed, text messages.

"No no, I ate earlier." He answered. "Nagisa, Makoto and Gou will be here soon."

I nodded and felt happy everyone was coming to see me.

"Wait..." my eyes widened.

"What's up?" Rin raised an eyebrow at me.

"I had a... a detention today." I bit my lip.

"Your not worried about missing one little detention are you?" Rin joked.

"No it's not that," I breathed out. "I had one with Makoto. He can't miss it else Ms Amakata will be angry, and I can't go for these reasons."

Nobody spoke for a few moments. We were all thinking of solutions, but nothing was coming to us.

Suddenly, we heard the doorbell ring three times. "I'll get it." Rei said, getting out of his seat and leaving the room.

I was feeling very nervous. It wasn't that I didn't think Makoto would be fine alone, but because we were both supposed to go. And I didn't want any trouble, either.

"We're here!"

My heart was thumping in my chest.

"Can I have some water?" I asked Rin.

He turned away to get me a drink, as my worry about my friend became worse.

And worse.