sixteen

•Sixteen• Rin's POV •

Haru was acting strange... he just suddenly tensed up and looked scared.

Worriedly I watched the glass fill up with ice cold water. It took a few seconds. After, I handed it to Haru and sat in Rei's seat.

Haru was sipping his water slowly. In the background was Nagisa talking consistently about random things which made me feel better.

We didn't hear Makoto's voice.

"Hello!" Nagisa showed himself with a large smile spread across his face.

"Hi." I replied back.

"Hello..." Quietly said Haru.

Nagisa walked over to him and laughed slightly. "How are you doing?"

"Fine." Replied Haru.

"Does that mean you're coming back to school on Monday?"

I looked at Haru and he looked at me. "Maybe... Where's Makoto?"

Nagisa shrugged. "He said he had to stay behind at school for some crap. Why?"

I saw Haru's eyes widen. "I am just going to the restroom."

With that he got up and rushed out of the room.

The next thing we heard, a few minutes later, was the front door slam shut.

• Haru's POV •

Shit!

I ran to my bedroom, and slipped on some black shoes. They felt uncomfortable without socks, but I didn't care at that moment in time.

Then, I rushed out of the room and bolted out of the house, making sure nobody would find me or be able to catch up.

For some reason, my legs felt fine, and much better than before. Although the doctors told me that at some points they could hurt and others be great... nevermind that. They were good and that was all that mattered.

Iwatobi wasn't that far away, luckily I didn't have to take a train like Rei and Nagisa. Makoto's house was near mine, so usually we walked together to school. With Rin at Samezuka, he couldn't really walk with us anyway.

I was about halfway there to Iwatobi, but remembered I should have went to Makoto's first to check if he was there or not.

It was too late to turn back. In addition to it, a stupid mistake not to look in the first place.

While thinking of places Makoto could be, (and running,) my phone kept buzzing and making noises. I had to ignore it and not get distracted.

***
Finally I had made it. I was breathing heavily, so I sat down for five minutes to catch my breath and check my messages.

Rin:
Where are you?!

Rin:
Please answer me.

Rin:
I'm worried..

I felt guilty for not replying, but had to shake it off for a while. Then, I entered school and started to look around.

While I did so, I decided it would be best to just go straight to Miss Amakata's room. I peered silently through the door, and saw Makoto sat down quietly, looking at his desk.

Suddenly, he turned his head in my direction. His mouth dropped and he raised an eyebrow at me. I put a finger on my lips and stared into his green, shining eyes.

After a few seconds of thinking, I decided to join Makoto in the detention. Slowly I entered the room. A few other students were in there too.

"Haru!" Miss Amakata exclaimed, walking over to me.

"Hello." I said.

"Why are you here?" She asked. I could tell by her expression she was confused.

"I came for the detention..." I walked over to the row Makoto was sat in, and took a seat next to his desk.

"But," the teacher began. "Aren't you supposed to be at home resting?"

I nodded, "Yes but... what can I do at home?"

There was no reply.

"Exactly."

Miss Amakata coughed slightly to clear her throat. "Well, in that case, carry on everyone."

I turned my head and faced Makoto. He smiled at me and mouth-talked me a thankyou.

To reply I nodded at him, and stared off into space.

• Makoto's POV •

That was so nice of Haru... to come here to join me so I wasn't alone. It made me feel happy, to know that I had a best friend. Really, I didn't know what I would do if I didn't have him.

But that's a secret.

Thinking about it, probably one of the biggest ones I have.

A/N
This was shorter than usual but I had to write it incase I had suddenly forgotten it x3

I'm sorry if it seems a bit rushed and crappy, I do try and make it fabulous but sometimes it doesn't always work xD

Anyway, feel free! to leave a comment, it's great reading them :p

...Once again sorry about some chapters being really shit. Positivity at its best :3