nineteen

•Nineteen• Sousuke's POV •

I lay facing the ceiling on my bed. All it was was a mattress on the floor, with a duvet. They were Rin's from his old home... it was nice to have something to sleep on, despite it sometimes being uncomfortable. It didn't really bother me much.

Nitori was writing something on his bed. It was at the top of the bunkbed. Occasionally, I heard it creak with him moving around so I knew he was there.

"You never told me what happened to your lip." He suddenly spoke.

I opened one eye, to be blinded by the light which was somehow turned on.

"My lip?" I asked.

"Yeah... why was it all bloody earlier?"

I sat up, trying to think of an excuse. When I arrived back at Samezuka, he saw me cleaning it up. Well he must have seen something. I wasn't aware of his presence then, so nothing was said about it.

Not even the academy's receptionist questioned me about it!

"Well?" Nitori urged.

"I walked into a tree." It was the best I could come up with, and probably the most unbelievable lie I had ever told... not that I had told many.

"A tree?" Exclaimed Nitori.

I nodded to myself, "Yeah sure."

Nitori laughed slightly, and I thought it would be natural to join in. Really! Everything I was doing seemed unlike me. Even my laugh didn't sound that much like me.

"Are you alright?" I noticed the grey haired boy peering over his bed at me.

"Never been better." I shrugged. The one eye I had open quickly closed to avoid looking at him.

"You can't lie to me," he plainly said. "I'll ask Rin. You've probably told him."

I turned onto my side. "Go ahead."

"Alright."

Rin wouldn't possibly tell him the truth, would he? I mean, I don't want him to lie, but it could make it pretty awkward if he didn't.

What would Nitori think about Rin punching me?

He looked up to Rin. Wouldn't that at least make you look at a person slightly differently?

I shook my head and heard the door creak open.

"Hey..." It was Rin. "You alright?"

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Yes... did Sousuke tell you?" Nitori replied.

Rin kicked off his shoes, "Tell me what?"

"What happened to his lip."

"His lip?" I questioned.

"That's exactly what he said... kind of."

I heard Rin sigh.

"So you do know!" Nitori gasped.

"Yes, but it's nothing to worry about."

"Alright." After that, we heard the bed creak again. I looked round and saw Nitori doing his things again.

I felt relieved that he had dropped the subject. Rin probably did too.

After all that, I just went to sleep. A great way to dodge anymore questions... just what I needed to do.

• Haru's POV •

Why.

Why didn't Rin visit... it was probably Sousuke.