seventeen

•Seventeen• Sousuke's POV •

I was bored back at Samezuka. There was nothing I could do. Yeah, there was practice, but I didn't feel like going. Instead I lied and said I was ill.

Then I remembered, Rin hadn't been here all day. He didn't return last night, either.

Haru.

I dragged myself off my bed, and pulled on some better clothes. It was 3:43pm, so I had plenty of time to get to Haru's house and see him. And ask Rin a few questions.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind me turning up.

I left Samezuka after signing out, and started to jog to the train station. The next train was in a few minutes, so I had to hurry up.

• Rin's POV •

"What is he doing!" I yelled angrily.

"I don't know." Answered Nagisa.

"I'm sure he'll come back." Rei added.

I threw my phone back onto the table and rubbed the back of my neck, trying to calm myself. At that moment in time my emotions were everywhere, and resulted mostly in myself being aggressive.

"What if he doesn't! What if he collapses again and nobody can help!"

Rei and Nagisa looked at each other nervously. "I'll call him again."

"There's no point." I looked down to the ground. "He hasn't answered for ages."

"Like I said, he'll come round." Rei glared at me and held his phone to his ear. We all stared at him for a while, and watched him silently place his phone back in his pocket.

"What did I say?" I glared at him back.

"Now now," Nagisa frowned. "Lets just be nice to each other and wait."

"Pfft," I rolled my eyes. "You can, I'm going out to look for him."

I rushed to Haru's room and put on my shoes. Then I made my way to the front door.

Quickly I opened it, and saw Sousuke stood there. His finger was on the doorbell button. Slowly he removed it and blinked.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

"Here... I have no time for this." I tried to push past him but he wouldn't let me.

"What's happened." He looked at me boredly. What was wrong with him? I didn't really want to know. I was worried about Haru.

"Damn you." I whispered sharply, turning away.

"Well?"

"I'll explain later." I was getting pissed and could feel it getting worse.

"Rin!" Snapped Sousuke. "Listen. For once." He grabbed my arm.

"What are you doing!" I tried to make him let go but it wasn't working. I turned around and saw Rei staring confusedly. Nagisa looked happy. "Get off!"

"You can't--"

Shit.

The next thing, Sousuke was on the ground. My free fist was clenched... I was shocked.

"Wow..." Sousuke said, standing up. "You do know how to punch a guy."

His lip was bloody, but he didn't care.

"Beef!" Yelled Nagisa behind me.

"Shush." Rei told him.

I was just staring at Sousuke, with the feeling everyone dreads to have.

Guilt.

"Hey, you'll come back to Samezuka later, won't you?"

For some reason, I was questioning why we weren't fighting right now. Why didn't he hit me back? Why did I feel like... nevermind that one. Why wasn't he showing any change of emotion?

"Later." He used the sleeve of his hoodie to wipe away some of the blood, and started to walk off.

"I'm..." I stuttered. "I'm going to go find Haru."

"He'll probably be at Iwatobi." Rei said quietly. I think he was more shocked than I was.

"Thanks..." My words trailed off and soon were gone. Then, I started to walk to Iwatobi. Soon it turned into a jog, and then a run.

I was quite a fast runner, so I was saving a lot of time. It was difficult to keep going, but I wanted to know if Haru was safe.

No.

I needed to know.