The Gentleman

I sat up in the bed. Sasha instantly pulled a chair closer and sat down, resting her elbows on the bed. She swung her legs childishly under the bed.

   "The teachers are looking around for whoever could have done it, some of them suspect Levi, but they're outnumbered by the amount of both pupils and teachers who say no. I, personally, think it was Mikasa." She swallowed the potato, pulling a bread roll out of her back pocket. Ripping a little bit off, she stuffed it in her mouth. "With her being the leader of the fencing team, it sorta makes sense."

   "I highly doubt... that, Sasha." I took a deep breath. The bang on my head made me feel dizzy and light headed. My vision became blurry and I felt like I was going to be sick. 

   "Stay down, Brat." A deep voice came from next to me. A hand was suddenly placed on my head to put it back into the pillow.

   "L-Levi?!" Sasha spat the bread out onto the floor. She looked at it and frowned, missing the taste already.

   "What...?" I whispered in confusion, my eyesight had blackened out for a second, and so I couldn't see anything. Blinking a couple of times, I looked to my left. "Levi?!" I whispered in shock.

   There, sitting on a chair, was Levi, The Gentleman. He had his legs crossed with a flask in his hand. He wasn't paying attention to either of us. Today, he was wearing a black, slightly less formal, suit with his signature cravat.

   "What do you want?" He sounded irritated.

   "Did you b-bring me here?" I asked, my throat dry and raspy. He turned his head to me and blinked a couple of times.

   "Yes, brat. Anything else you'd like to interrogate me on?" He folded his arms, taking a sip of the tea in his flask.

   "Yes." Sasha interrupted.

   "Shut up, Sasha. Anyway," I turned back to Levi. "Why'd you do that?" You dropped your voice to a whisper, flicking your eyes forward to The Titans in front of you.

   "They deserved it." He stood up, brushing away the creases in his suit. "I'll be going now. Get better, brat." He did a quick side wave as he walked away. The Titans were in too much pain to register that their attacker had just walked past them. 

   "Why is he called the Gentleman again?" Sasha asked, pulling a spoon and a pot of mashed potato from her bag. She licked her lips.

   "I... don't know." I said, feeling my heart flutter.

   ~

   I had been told to stay the night, in a creepy, desolate, dark room with two Titans. Connie had gone home because his injuries were minor, and Jean had gone to the hospital... hehehe.

   Petra and Oulo didn't speak to each other once. Petra gave occasional death stares to me, but Oulo spent all of his time trying to hide how much pain he was in.

   "Go to sleep..." A soft voice sounded in my ear. I opened my eyes, but nobody was there. Closing them again, I drifted off.

   ~

   As I opened my eyes, the bright light from the window woke me up even further. I pulled the duvet over my head and groaned slightly. That was when I remembered; I was still in the infirmary.

   Suddenly, there was a sound of curtains being drawn. The light went away.

   "Thanks, Sasha." I muttered out, hoping she could hear.

   "Brat number two isn't here yet." Levi sat down in his chair, tapping his foot. I widened my eyes and took the blanket off my head.

   "Why are you here?" I asked him softly. 

   He exhaled. "I knew B2 wasn't going to be here yet-"

   "B2?" I interrupted him.

   "Brat number two. You're one. And don't interrupt me again!" He growled. "I knew she wouldn't be here yet, and I didn't want Petra getting up in the middle of the night, so I stayed. God knows what she would've done." He stated, pulling out a crossword puzzle.

   "Wait," I began, sitting up slightly. My head throbbed, but I ignored it. "you were here all night?!" I exclaimed quietly.

   "Go to sleep..."

   The front of my head began to hurt, and so I put my head back again, closing my eyes. The sound of a chair drawing back made me open them again.

   Levi was crouched down by my bed, fiddling with the buttons on the bed. He pressed one, and it made it sit up a little bit more. He finished and sat back into his chair.

   "T-Thanks." I said, blushing heavily.

   "Tch."