Why, though?

"What gossip? Levi just turned up." I answered, not knowing if that was the truth.

"Lies! Why was his arm around you?!" She pointed an accusing finger at me. I blushed and looked down.

"I-I don't know..."

Eren walked to the table, questioningly glancing behind him. "Guys...? Why's Levi here?"

Sasha raised her hands as if to say it has nothing to do with her. She quickly darted her eyes towards me, smirking. I sighed and looked out of the window.

Levi's POV
I ordered a tea and waited for it to be made. Looking over at (Y/N), I saw her blushing and looking down at something Sasha said.

I smiled a little and looked back at the counter, picking up my steaming tea. (Y/N) was adorable. The way she was so shy and self conscious around me was so cute. It made me want to hug the life out of her.

I couldn't tell her. That was the annoying thing. My best friends, Erwin and Hange, knew about my crush on her. Hange was absolutely ecstatic.

Erwin, however, is jealous. He had a crush on her since he first saw her. Of course, I had too, but he went slightly overboard; he would not shut up about her! He never said anything out loud, but over half of his diary was full of her name.

Yeah, I read his diary. So what?

"Hey!" A loud brunette burst through the doors, pulling Erwin in behind her. Erwin removed his hand from Hange's grip and composed himself.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked, slightly irritated at their presence.

"Hange said she saw you drive here. She wanted to see what you were doing so here we are." Erwin said, fixing his collar.

"What are you up to-" Hange stopped when she saw (Y/N) and get friends behind us. She squealed and clapped.  Erwin turned and blushed, instantly looking forward again.

"Levi, hurry up!" Sasha waved her arms about as if she was trying to land a plane.

I sighed and walked past my friends, setting my tea down next to (Y/N).

"Hange and Erwin have decided to join us too." I announced. Sitting down next to (Y/N), and gaining an adorable blush, she shuffled a little to allow room for Hange to sit down as well. Erwin sat next to Sasha.

My POV
I moved closer to the window to allow Hange to have room to sit down. Levi's arm brushed against mine, giving me shivers.

Could he have a crush on me? Why else would he go to such lengths to save me from The Titans?

"Psst~ (Y/N)?" Sasha whispered. I looked up and nodded. She pointed to my untouched burger. "Are you going to eat that?"

"Nah, you have it." I slid it towards her. I picked up a chip and bit it in half.

I looked up at Erwin. "We don't know each other that well, do we?"

"I don't believe we do." He answered. I swear I saw a blush arise on his cheeks. "My name's Erwin Smith. I am seventeen years old and go to Kyojin Academy."

He held out his hand and I shook it, smiling. "My name's (F/N) (L/N). I'm seventeen and go to the same school as you!"

"I'm Hange Zoë! Same age, same school!" She jumped up, introducing herself loudly. Everyone turned and glared at her. "Levi's turn!"

"Levi Rivaille. I am seventeen and go to Kyojin Academy." He introduced himself plainly. I watched him as he spoke. His voice was so monotonous that it was interesting. He looked down at me and smirked, making me blush and look out of the window.

Levi's POV
I smirked.

Time to test my theory.

I took the last sip of my tea and put out down. I moved a little bit closer to (Y/N) and put my arm around her waist. She yelped quietly and tensed her muscles.

Hange threw her sprite in the air by accident. How? Just by being herself.

"H-Hey!" Eren yelled as it landed on his head, spilling the contents all over him. He stood up and left for the bathroom.

"I'll go help him." Erwin said, trying to look heroic in front of (Y/N). Hange laughed and left to get another sprite. Sasha stood up and went to order another burger, even if she had just finished her second one.

"Loosen up a bit, (Y/N)." I whispered huskily into her ear. She bit her lip and looked out of the window again.

"W-Why did you save me from The Titans?" She asked.

"I don't want you to get hurt. Plus they were making a mess..." I answered truthfully.

"Why, though? No-one cares about me..." She whispered.

"Shut up. I know at least five people who don't want you hurt. Eren, Sasha, Erwin, Hange... I certainly don't." I told her, bending down to the crook of her neck.

"W-Why?" She asked shakily.

"Tch, you really can't take hints, can you?" I exhaled. I used my other hand and tilted her head to look at me. "I love you." I whispered before taking hey in for a gentle and much wanted kiss.