Levi

I looked at all of them and blinked. "What?"

"Who do you want to be with?" Levi asked.

I looked down at the floor and then to the arm around my waist. I put my hand on top of it and slowly began to take his hand off. Jean sighed and took a step back.

"I thought so. I knew it was a long shot." He hid his sadness behind a weak smile.

He turned and left the room, picking all of his hand members in their feet to get them up.

I bit my lip and looked down. "How can I do this?" I whispered as I slowly fell to the floor in my knees. My hand clamped over my mouth to prohibit any unwanted crying.

"(Y/N), why are you crying?" Levi asked, the slightest amount of sympathy in his words.

"I... I'm such a..." I whispered, unable to finish.

I thought about who I should choose, but my mind kept on wandering over to how much I missed Levi. I bit my lip and stood up.

"Levi." I said as quiet as possible. Levi pushed off the wall and stood up straight. He clicked his tongue.

"Who? Tell us because we're tired and we want to go to slee-"

"Levi, I love you." I said louder. I heard Erwin grunt quietly.

"I'll... I'll be in my room." He said, forcing a smile. I watched him leave, biting my lip hard.

"I'm such an idiot." I whispered, stretching my arm out to lean on the wall. I held my head with my other hand.

"(Y/N)," Levi said as he took a step forward. I tilted my head a little to face him but my eyes remained on the floor. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. A small smile formed on his lips, making him look even more handsome than usual. "Do you mean that?"

I moved so my whole body was leaning in the wall and I crossed my arms. "I-I did."

The next few moments were silent.

All I could hear was the pounding of my heart and the shaky breaths I was taking in. The occasional tap of the insects on the roof was muffled by the blood rushing through my body, which was now going at unusual paces. Why was I so nervous? Was it the fear of being rejected? The fear of Levi leaving me and trying to get back at me for something I didn't do in purpose?

I swallowed back all of these thoughts and stood up straight. When I took a glance at Levi, I was a little surprised. He was leaning his head back on the wall and crossing his arms.

"Are you coming or what?" He asked with a small smile playing in his lips.

I looked around and realised that I was still outside. I smiled a little and nodded.

"Yeah, of course."

I slowly walked towards him and stopped when I reached his side. Just as I looked up at him, his arm firmly gripped around my waist and pulled closer.

"I'm glad." He smiled. "I'm glad you chose me."

Before I could reply, he bent down and took me in for a gentle kiss. He broke away seconds later and let his hand trail down my side and back up to cup my cheek.

"Now then, I think it's about time I got even with Erwin, don't you?" He grinned. A cloud built up behind his eyes, and there was one clear emotion hidden in the storm: lust.