Regret

Levi's POV
I immediately regretted saying that, but she needed to know what she had done, stupid brat. I heard her crying as I walked out, making my heart hurt even more.

I ignored the pain and walked into my organised room. Looking up at the clock, I saw the time. It was only half-nine, and so I decided to polish my shoes.

Why not?!

I took out the polish and began to add to the amount of shine on the boots. Within five minutes, I had finished. I placed everything in it's previous position and sighed, not knowing what to do. Erwin -bastard- was probably asleep by then. He loved his sleep.

(Y/N)'s crying had stopped, meaning that she had probably gone to sleep too. I got changed into my black tight-fitting top and grey tracksuit bottoms.

I couldn't be bothered to go under the covers, and so I just lay saddened on top. My heart kept on clenching and unclenching, making me bite my tongue as a bit. I had never felt this way about a girl before, and yet the only one I do goes with my bestfriend.

Not one other girl had made me actually care for her. Not any other girl had made me want to hold her. No-one made me want to hug and kiss them so bad...

My eyes closed as I drifted off into sleep.

~

My eyes suddenly opened wide at the sound of a door closing. I sat up on my bed and tiredly rubbed my eyes, looking in the general direction of the noise. It had only been about two hours and the sun hadn't even began to show yet. I flicked on my light and glanced at the clock, groaning when I saw that it was only half-past one. Another quiet, but extremely irritating, noise sounded. I grunted slightly and dangled my legs over the edge of the bed before standing and stretching slightly.

My legs silently followed the source of the noise all the way to the kitchen. As I rounded the last corner, the dim light of a phone caught my eye, lighting (Y/N)'s silhouette sitting at the table with a glass of water.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked as I neared her.

"L-Levi?" She choked on her drink a little, she put her phone down on the table to act as a light.

"No, Shrek." I said sarcastically as I pulled out the chair next to her and sat down.

She didn't say anything. She crossed her arms and rested the side of her face on the table.

"Why are you awake?" I asked her, closing my eyes.

"I can't sleep. You?" She asked back.

I exhaled sharply and furrowed my brow slightly. "You woke me up. Be quieter next time." I told her. She muttered a sorry. I rubbed my eye slightly before standing up to make some tea. "Why can't you sleep?"

"B-Because of what you s-said." She said quietly. I stopped adding the sugar and twisted my head to look at her.

"Why can't you sleep about it?" I said monotonously.

She twiddled a bit of her hair with her fingers nervously. "D-Did you mean it?" She took another sip of her water.

I took a breath before answering with a simple, "Yes."

Within the next second, I was tackled into an apologetic hug from behind by (Y/N). Hee arms held me tight as her face pressed up against my back.

"Levi, I'm so sorry!" She cried against my top.

My POV
I held him tight and apologised profusely. I missed the feeling of hugging him. I could feel every single one of his muscles through his top, making me blush ever so slightly.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to break your heart! I-I couldn't do anything about it, Levi! I don't deserve to ever be forgiven, just please acknowledge that I tried to apolo-"

"(Y/N)." He stopped me talking. I took a breath and calmed down.

"Levi..." I began, knowing that what I was about to ask of him was of him was wrong. "Please help me go back to sleep."