Jean?!

"I..."

I was speechless. How was I meant to answer? I had just ran off from both of them for a reason. Did they think that I would just say sorry and go back with one of them?! Well, that used to be my wish, but now I didn't want to see either of them. I could feel Jean looking at me, wondering what I was going to say. Not yet having enough courage to tell them, I just backed up a little into Jean's arm. That action spoke a thousand words to all three of the boys, even to myself. Never had I pictured myself going with the bully, but from what he had just told me, I couldn't just push him away.

But the thing that confused me the most was... it wasn't pity. I hadn't indirectly chosen Jean because of pity... no, I knew this feeling... it was...

"Do you love Jean?" Levi asked, a blank expression forever held on his face. I blinked to try and file through all of the words and questions flying through my head.

Jean's thumb gently stroking my side brought me back to reality. "I... I don't know." I whispered.

Levi's eyebrow raised in confusion and Erwin sighed. "If you don't know, then come with us."

Levi began to walk towards me, and with each step, I could feel Jean hugging me tighter. As small as this action was, it made my heart beat faster and harder. As Levi reached out his hand to grab my arm, I closed my eyes. No longer did I have the courage to fight back.

But just as I closed my eyes, I felt myself being spun around, however, before I had time to fall over or attempt to balance myself, my mouth was covered with a warm, and slightly pressured, feeling. Timidly opening my eyes, I looked in front of me...

... and nearly passed out.

Jean was kissing me in front of Levi, who had now frozen on the spot, and Erwin, who looked ready to leave. It took me a while to register the situation, but when I did, I immediately pressed my hands to his chest and eased him away. After a few unsuccessful pushes, I mentally sighed. What was I supposed to do now? Levi and Erwin had probably gotten the wrong ideas of all of my 'bullying' sessions, and Jean wouldn't let me move.

"(Y/N), if you would prefer Kirschtein," Erwin spoke monotonously, trying to hide his broken heart. "you should have told us." He reached out to grab Levi's arm, but the mentioned male snatched his hand back.

"(Y/N)! Goddammit, why'd you have to break my goddamn heart all of the time?!" He practically screamed, hitting the wall with his fist, making it bleed and bruise. Erwin managed to stop him and drag him out, giving Jean a cold stare.

The next few seconds were filled with silence, apart from the dimming sound of Levi knocking things over outside. Jean slowly began to smile and a satisfied sigh escaped his lips.

"I... never thought that this would happen."

I blinked away the first signs of tears. "Neither did I."

And then I broke down. I crumbled to the floor and buried my face in my hands. Jean hesitated slightly and then sat down next to me with a hand over his mouth, not sure of what to do. He shook his head and placed his hand on my head. The contact was enough to sooth me, and in a matter of seconds, the tears had stopped. When I had finished crying, Jean pulled my hands off my face and sighed, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"I-I don't know what to do now. Maybe a hug?" He roughly pulled me in for an awkward hug, before pushing me back for a couple of seconds. "A-A k-kiss?" He tilted his head cutely and then leant forward to seal my lips.

After a few seconds, I began to smile. The smile immediately turned into a laugh. Jean pulled away. "W-What?"

Wiping away the rest of my tears away, I beamed at him. "You suck."

He chuckled slightly and turned bright red. "Well sorry! Whenever you've cried before, I just left you!" He claimed. It was silent for a while until he moved in front of me. He then bowed on his knees, his eyes squeezed shut. "I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY ABOUT WHAT I DID, (Y/N)! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!"

"Hmm, that's a point."

"What is?!" He panicked.

"You have bullied me for the past year or so..."

Jean sat back on his knees. "And so you don't like me at all."

"No-"

"You want me to go away."

"I didn't-"

"You wish I would die."

"JEAN, DAMN IT, NO! I LOVE YOU!" I shouted a little louder than necessary. The crashing of bins and rubble outside stopped. I placed a hand on my forehead. "Ah, what have I done?"

Jean beamed brightly, brighter than I had before. Grabbing my hands, he gazed into my eyes. "You've just made me the happiest boy in the school."