1. Are They Serious!?!

Seriously, Sheerin, I must dedicated a chapter for you long back. I'm in love with your, " Love After Marriage" story. So, yes, readers I'm encouraging you to read Sheerin's story. She's an awesome writer whose stories has more twist and turns than mine. So, yeah, Sheerin, enjoy! Bye.                                                 

                                                                           1

                                                       ARE THEY SERIOUS!?!

 Ria's P.O.V:-

( That pic in side was the smile tugging at my lips when I though that it could all be destiny play, he might be the destined 1 while standing next to me waiting for me to move[ that last line])

Nearly a month later......

Oh, really after that argument about match-making, many days just flew by. Mom and dad were so busy going through various matrimonial websites, talking to groom's parents and only those that seemed to match our views were called in for that notorious bride-seeing visit.

Well, different cultures have their own style of bride-seeing visits. Me, belonging to the ancient Tamil-Brahmin clan, our ancestors had arranged such visits so that the groom can select his bride-groom. It was pretty much like window-shopping, like where you go shop by shop, view piece by piece unless you settle to buy a stuff. The same way here the boy's parent along with the boy go houses by houses which has suitable bride canditates and selects one for their son. Now that I tell you it's like window shopping, they really were not even allowed to talk to bride candidates in those days. So, they arranged certain events like making the candidate to sing classical music to check whether she's not dum, her voice is good and she's healthy as that sort of music needs lot of breath-control and an unhealthy girl may not be able to sing that eloborate song without puffing and panting.

Then the candidate is made to dance classical Bharathanatyam dance which is to check whether the girl is physically perfect without any disabilities. Then she is asked to prepare coffee, sweet and savouries which is basically to check whether she knows cooking. Then just like everywhere, she has to be draped in cute, rich silk saree with as much as gold they possess which is to show that they are wealthy enough to pay dowry. Just like in shopping faulty pieces are saled off in discount, here candidates who fail in any one of the event maybe considered if the boy's side is payed a huge amount of dowry.

Now the above was how bride-seeing happened around. Now feminists out there please don't get out-raged as there's no use as this is the fact that happened and still prevelant in many places. I don't consider myself as feminist but whereas I consider myself as humanist as that I should never support this act of forced marriage as it affects both boy and girl but still I'm bearing all these stuffs just to make my parents happy. BTW there's no guarantee that I may find love so this will kind of marriage will only be a marriage of convience.

But now-a-days, the whole concept is different. The events are cancelled and instead the boy and girl are given a privacy of 10-15 minutes where they have to talk and check their compatability out. Their whole life depends on the decision that they take in those precious minutes.

Like see I have told you that many days passed by and so till now I hae atleat spent 4-5-6- ah, yeah, only 6 of such private decisions to decide. None seem to work out as in some cases the guy found my independent nature intimidating, few decently declined saying our goals don't meet, we belong to different worlds while a few of them were jerks and carried a lot of emotional baggage, while I myself is a person with such baggage they adviced me that we won't work-out. So, in this way all those meeting have gone futile.