15. Finally Something's Going Our Way!

Since you expressed that you like Sid's character and enjoyed this chapter, this is dedicated to you, dezertrose!! Enjoy!!

~!~!~

                                                                           15

                                    FINALLY SOMETHING"S GOING OUR WAY!!

Megha's P.O.V.:-

"I'm not going to pretend like Geet" I told the four pair of prying eyes that was cornered on me. I was trembling and shaking out of control yet I tried my level  best to keep my voice firm enough to make them understand that I'm not in for this game. But why did I see that glint of hope shimmering in their eyes? I had to make them understand! " And when I say, I won't do it, I mean it."

" Miss. Raj even I don't understand what actually made Dr. Nivin to think that you're Geet. You don't even resemble her." Dr. Kapoor, whose named I learnt after being whisked away from Nivin's room and put into this room where everyone was sure to persue me to become some Geet that I didn't even know exists.

"That's what I say, it might be some.. you know he might have mistaken me for her. That's all. Now, when I pat his shoulder and remind him that I am Megha that he met yesterday, he'll totally accept it." I tried justifying my point. Why should I assume someone else's identity? I am who I am. That's it. If I hadn't been whisked or even I hadn't been in the trance to have had my mouth shut, I would surely have told the same as above.

"Ms. Raj, that's where you got it wrong! The point is, he is at a pretty vulnerable state and I am sure that any amount of stress may only worsen his state of mind. He's suffereing from Post-traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD) a type of disorder that is due to some trauma experienced in past. From all the information, that I was able to collect, I can only say that something is connected with Geet. We all know that Nivin is extremely secretive and making him spill the story is difficult. If he is believing that you're Geet then we must use this to our advantage. Just behave like Geet, make him go through past and get through the traumatic experience that once happened to him." Dr. Kapoor got on to his professional, Doctor mode I am sure he'd have sputtered a few more medical terms that probably I can never understand in my lifetime even if I do a steady thesis in it.

" Doctor, why don't you understand my situation. I have a boyfriend, for god's sake! I can't do this!" I confessed in a confussed voice.

" What if you have a boyfriend, Megha? We aren't asking you to act as Nivin's girlfriend or jump into his bed. we respect you and would never ask such things of you. We're just asking you a favour and you're giving us some stupid lame reason, like you've boyfriend. What we're asking you to do is not to cheat your so-called boyfriend. Do you understand?" Ria who was practically silent till then was fuming with anger when she uttered the above. Each word of the sentenece she uttered contained so much of malice that I thought I'd die of shame.

When she puts in that way, it feels so simple. But why do I feel it to be so complicated?

'It's because you're scared that your heart will cheat you off.' my brain snickered.

I succumbed to it. Yes, the problem was that I felt that I might just fall for Nivin. But I had just met him a day ago and I also have a boyfriend who loves me a lot. I don't know why I kept saying that I'm not single, maybe I am sacred. I don't know.

" Sorry, Ria. But, it's just that things are happening so sudden and out-of-the-blue-moon sort of, that I don't know how I'll explain my boyfriend. I don't want this to create a misunderstanding between us." I replied in a calm voice.