11. Confrontation with My Scars

Kanak, here's your dedication dear. Thanks for the suggestion and hope you're happy with my justification.

*-&-*

11

CONFRONTATION WITH MY SCARS

Ria's P.O.V:-

I had recently brought myself a book from flipkart namely, "Thanks for the memories" by Cecila Ahern. I was unpacking my luggage and setting it up in the place that Sid had shown me to place them to. When, I was busy working on that with bhabhi sitting beside, trying to help me out while mummyji and papa enjoying their daily dose of afternoon nap, bhabhi found this book and was intrigued by it. So, as it all came by I had to explain her the basic story-line of the book eventhough I had hardly flipped through ten odd pages.

Okay, here I really nedd to confess this fact that I always have this habit to Google the basic outline of the story and then only sit and read the book itself. So, even if I have not finished reading the book I know what it's all about.

In the meanwhile, the time that i have spent with bhabhi, I learnt a certain things about her. It seems that she was a B. E. (E.C.E.) student (Electronics, communication and engineering) and had worked in T.C.S ( Tata Consultancy Services ) Bangalore, before giving birth to Akanhsha. But later dropped out of the job just as to spend more time with her baby and family. The pretty interesting story is that theirs was a typical office romance. Bhabhi had been a fresher and recruited straight from her campus interview into the software department where she was put up as the programme officer who had to supervise all the programming datas. Bhaiya was her ever friendly boss to whom she had to resort to as she had no basic idea in programming and whatsoever. What started out as a basic generous, friendly, companionship soon blossomed into a cute romance added with a great chemistry. But they seemed to have waited for that special wedding night to consummate and thus methodically got everyone's permission to get married. That getting permission period was the most tiring, testing and tricking period for their love but it eventually survived as theirs was not just attraction but love. The fairy-tale love that everyone yearns for and that I envy her for receiving( touch-wood again).

One point has to be clearly understood by me and that is that everyone has their own special recipe to find love. They have undergo a special journey of fights, struggles, confusion, commotion, chemistry, passion, romance and ultimately reach that stage of undying love. None can follow other's recipe. This is the lesson that I got from reading all those romantic tale and also listening to few real life love stories like bhabhi's. So, today I seem to have decided this one thing that I'm going in flow forgetting about reality and consequences to follow. Because I so desperately want to find that love is this is vaguely similar to the soul-calling dream that I seem to have ignored.

I now vivdly remember my first soul-calling, that to become a full-time writer that I'm now. I had this urging dream to start ever since the day my English teacher called me up to appreciate my piece of writing. I knew that I wanted to become a write. Lack of proper plot, guideline, self-confidence and abundance of fears, self-doubt of my dream not being a practical one never allowed me to write more than few pages or so. Eventually, I started writing lots of non-fiction but never stopped writting. I wrote things in bits and pieces and at the end of my three year graduation course, on the day of my project presentation, I took this topic, " A life of an Aspiring writer". I prepared a basic fiction based on my own first-hand experiences, also by explaining the nuances of writing, history of writing, literature and all that that I have learnt. Almost all in the class knew my passion for writing and so my H.O.D called me to tell me that I better start writing and if I had finished my first novel till date then she and my other staffs would review it and send it in for the publishers they knew. Voila! I did have my first draft ready, but showing it to my teachers means, it had to be perfect. So, I went through the process of editing and proof-reading. It took me a good three months time and till then we were done with our semester exams and the results too were out. I had topped my exam again and my teachers were elated. I sent the final draft to dad and then sent the draft to my H.O.D. They all were shocked was an understatement.