5. Event : Engagement

This is for you thanks for telling me that you really like my story. Thanks and enjoy!!                                                                             

                                                                                 5

                                                             Event : Engagement

+-+-+-+-+

Thanks for the 900+reads hope you all like it. Here's there engagement. Actually I wanted to write this chapter as Engagement &Wedding but then decided against it 'coz I wanted to give you guys an elaborate version of a Tamil Brahmins marriage. Unlike Chetan Bhagat's version our Tambrahm wedding have more to it than explained. Enjoy guys. Vote and more importantly comment as if you want any improvements. Thanks for all the following,reads,vote and thank you Sreevalli for adding my story in your list of Indian stories. I secretly hoped that one day my story should make it to the list. I was on cloud nine when it did. Bye. Meet you soon.
+-+-+-+-+

Sid's P. O. V. :

Days just flew by as if they were seconds. I was engrossed in my work while the same goes for Ri. I know that she's a pretty independent and stubborn girl. but still deep down my heart I didn't like the idea of her quitting her job. She's ready to give up all that that meant for me. Yeah just for me and my family.

But I wonder why I feel so guilty. I wish I could be like Ri who has easily told me about her crushes and some celebrity crushes too. They were pretty hilarious and man I do have to accept that she knows the art of telling it in such a way that can only make me laugh at it rather than being possessive about her. Maybe that's the reason as to why she's such A great storyteller.

She believes me so much and yet I'm not able to tell her a simple truth... Seema... Damn sometimes I feel as why did I ever date a birch like Seema.  I never use this language but when I do I mean it.

Throughout our relationship she had been the bitch. She whined and bickered about anything and everything stating some feminists quote.

In actual terms,Ri is the self-claimed humanist that people consider her feminist. Yet here she's so polite to everyone of other gender yet being stubborn getting her work done without whining or bitching about the society or others. If something pricks Ri then she makes sure to change it than cry about it.

I can't help but compare Seema and Ria. As days pass by, I can make out one thing certainly. The thing that Seema and I had back then was definitely not love but only lust. Love really makes you feel like you're on cloud nine.

A loud clatter of cluttery sound brought me back to Earth.

I was presently sitting in our hospital cafe as this was our break time. I had my hot chocolate waiting for me but I found being lost in thoughts about Ria and our engagement that was due morow sounded more enticing.

As soon as I announced that I was getting arranged marriage the whole hospital was shocked was an understatement. Because they all knew about me,my seriousness in my relationship with Seema and they all kind of hoped for an everlasting medical romance from us. Seema was disappointed to the core but acted as though she never heard or even if heard it'd never hurt her. All promised to make it. My chief surgeon,Dr. Ayan Kapoor was very happy as he was Ria's die-hard fan and thought our marriage could give him more chance to meet her. They were too happy for me but somehow I found it sickly sweet. Maybe,staying with a bitch and being used to whining and constant complaints only led to this state where I'm not even able to enjoy goodness.