7. Wedding Night

You totally deserve a dedication because you gave me your valuable input about your city Bengaluru. So, enjoy!!

                                                                                    7

                                                                   WEDDING NIGHT

When I put in my words and ideas in a subjective view, people say I am pessimistic, narrow-minded and person looking for instant fame with the help of blaming the society and norms. But I say I am not just different but I am also a revolutionist. Either put up with me or I put you all out.
- Ria Rangarajan
Living My Dreams.

Sid's P.O.V.:-

Communication is really going to be the biggest problem in our wedding.

This was the first thought that entered my mind when I entered the marriage hall after the event of Janavasam.

Reason. Oh yes,that was because of the ever common language problem. I accept that India is a diverse country with as much as languages and dialects possible but in North India things could be brought into control as many talk Hindi. Even though their dialects may change we still can understand what they're trying to communicate. The problem here in South India is that eventhough nowadays many have learnt to converse well in Hindi they still prefer talking in their own mother-tongue.

So when we entered the hall all we could hear was loud chatter in a very sharp, tongue twisting language that people were talking so fast that even picking up simple words like Amman(yes) and illa (no) became so difficult along with loud beating of a cylindrical drums,trumpet and some else music being played by a group of people who were sitting in an elevated stage situated near the welcome area of the hall.

One thing I was happy was the presence of both Raj and Nivin by my side. Nivin was a Kannadica meaning a person who belonged to Karanataka,a neighbouring state to Tanilnadu where I'm getting married presently. So,Nivin easily learnt Tamil and had told me before even that he learnt it when he was much young. Thus,both Raj and Nivin took up the job of being my translator for the day.

I tried my level-best convince Raj to go to Ri telling him that Nivin could take care of me as he knew the language better than I. But Raj never brought into it as he told me that Ri would kill him if he left me,my friends and family stranded. Raj is truly a great friend and I'm happy that Ri has got such a friend like him. I wonder why but I have a slight feeling that presently Ri might be freaking her heads off without Raj beside her. When I told him this he just laughed and said patting my shoulder in a friendly manner," I understand now that why Ri has accepted to marry you,Sid. You're perfectly right with your prediction. I wonder how you could understand her in such a small time being with her. May be this is the magic of falling in love." Raj ended it with a dreamy reaction and a teasing smile.

"Maybe. Who knows?" Nivin said in a quite detached manner and moved away to other side of the room.

Raj just raised a brow in question to Nivin for which I shrugged and said," He isn't too social person but he's great at heart."

Raj gave me an understanding nod and went on to explaining other things about marriage,Ria's relatives and other stuffs.

Eventhough I was concentrating in what Raj was saying to me, my mind was filled with Nivin. He has always been this reserved person with a mysterious aura around him. His added handsome features has always attracted much attention from the opposite gender. I observed that even in this hall he attracted a lot of attraction even without asking for it. He has never interacted much but Ria has always been an exception. I just hope that Ri can bring him out of his shell and sometimes I seriously feel that he's behaving this way all thanks to stressful profession of being a psychologist.