16. So, are we Friends Now?

I was struck thinking to whom should I dedictae this chapter to. Then suddendly a notification popped up stating that TrishaSareen had sent me a message. So, I just thought why not dedicate this chapter to you? Here it is to your name( raising an imaginary glass to toast). I hope, your trip to India especially South goes well this summer. Yes, if you are travelling to TamilNadu then communciation becomes a slightly bigger concern. But in the past decade many have learnt to communicate well in Hindi thanks to soaps and SRK ( and other stars of course). You can still manage communicating in English. Even an illeterate housemaid can pretty much talk a few fluent English words in a row in a way communicating with you. As far as the other three states in South India are concerned I suppose you can manage if you know to talk in Hindi. P.S.: I manage so, I don't know if you could too!!

                                                                            +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+            

                                                                                        16

                                                             SO ARE WE FRIENDS NOW?

Ria's P.O.V.:-

    Things finally went our way. It has merely been over a few days of my stay here in Bengaluru but it has been more eventful than whole of my life. I must accept this point that almost whole of my life I have lived a life that is totally considered boring by others. I had always stayed by my parents side. Never have had had a boyfriend or enjoyed an outing with friends. I had always had my outing with my parents who I have seen only as a sibling or bestfriend. I always lived by rules eventhough I was considered to be totally opposite. But I did and lived such life because I loved being that way. It gave me happiness and never regret the way I lived.

Many have thought that I am a very wild and non-submissive person. But in truth I never was such person. They thought so because I am very vocal about my choices and if ever I do something it is only because I am convinced to do that. I never do anything that I am not comfortable doing. I might be an extrovert bit that never means that you can learn everything about me through my words. I don't know why I feel like I resemble Miss. Benare of Silence the court is in Session by Vijay Tendulkar. Well I can never give up my moral standards. But that never means that I would say that I am great and women who suffer from such position like Miss. Benare are wrong. I always believe that a woman has her right to choose her own path. But once she chooses her path she must be brave enough to choose strive through the storms that she faces on that path.

But when reality came face to face I wasn't ready to strive through the storms that adorned the path I choose. I  was thinking of running away from Sid when a storm named Seema passed the path I chose.  I tend to run away from things when they start getting complicated. Yet I have always told people to face the troubles. Dad was right in guessing my nature right from childhood. I am good at showing people the path but often I find myself stranded and straying away from my path.

Such nature of mine has also been one of the reason as why I have never been able to from any strong friendship except Raj and now of course Sid.

Both these men have been able to cross the wall that I have made around my heart and reach it. These two are the only ones except my family who are near and dear to me that I would do anything to protect them. No matter what they do as a sin or mistake I can forgive them easily for the fact that they love, care,respect and forgive my sins too easily. I have put on an unnatural cloak of being perfect. But it is only these two that are aware of the fact that I wear such cloak to hid the imperfections that I bear within. These men and now including Nivin too who by his sharp words and arrogance has hurled me many times yet somehow he too has become like Raj to me who now I can do anything to save them. I know that
I have taken all of them for granted for many times yet they have somehow understood and liked me just the way I am. I have to accept that I am too light-headed and unstable in nature and exactly what they don't expect in a well bred woman who is a good wife material type. My maternal uncle,aunt and granny tried everything in the wourld to make me that. Yet I never could be that. Sid has really been everything I ever wanted- A man who can accept and understand me just the way I am. I know that I don't fall in love easily but once that happens there is no looking back. Many have termed me narcassist, self-centered and egoist, which I must confess that I am. But the good thing with all these three is that they never think me to be that way.