20. Embarking a New Route- Part 1

I am dedicating this to HariAngel. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I never thought that I did justice in describing those rituals . Yet, thanks for telling me that I did do it some justice. So, Yeah, here's the update!!!

                                                            20. Embarking a New Route

Sid's P.O.V:-

               Ria rushed to me with a panicked expression on her and I knew something was wrong. But what's the matter that is making her to rush so fast that she's panting so hard. She had Raj by her side and I just raised an eyebrow at her state. She slowly managed to say, " Nivin... He fainted.. Real Geet is back.. Come fast with me.. Backstage.. Megha called..." She was heaving heavily in between and her words were highly incorrigble. But I could understand only one thing--This was a state of emergency. So, the Doctor in me took control of the situation. I met Raj at eye and barked an order, " Go fetch Dr.Kapoor and meet us soon, whereNivin is." Raj nodded and left soon. I got Ria by wrist and pulled her while she constantly told me the directions which I had to reach. It all happened so fast that within seconds I found myself before a fainted Nivin, in Megha's lap who was sobbing out of fear and atlast I met eye to eye with a very confused and panic-striken Geet.

What the hell is she doing here?

Ok, no time to think of all those things. First things first. Doctor mode on. I pushed Megha, Geet and Ria away from Nivin and I started the first aid techniques that I had learnt to treat a fainted patient. It was soon that I found Dr. Kapoor taking in-charge of the situation.

As soon as I handed over Nivin to him, I called out Ria and asked her to be by Nivin's side while I went to Geet. I really had a lot of things that I needed to ask Geet, especially after I noticed the clear signs of her marital status-- red bangles, sindoor mangal-sutra. 

She has got so much questions to answer. 

How can she disapper and now appear back into our lives to create a tornado like this and ye stand like she did nothing.

"Geet!" I called out to her, who was still watching what Dr. Kapoor was doing with a curious eye and was startled by my calling her name out, loud. She turned her face to face me, but her were dazed and confused, yet she managed to meet me straight in my eye." Could you please spare a minute with me?"

There was no tone of amicability in my voice. My voice was filled with venom and she just nodded while she followed. When I felt that we were away from the earshot of the people in the background, I pulled her harshly by wrist and asked with anger animating my features." What the hell do you think you're doing here?" She winced and tried to get way from my grip but that wasn't what I cared, and so I continued, " Nivin was doing much better and it was only now that you had to make your grand apperance."

I was generally not the person to getr angry or sarcastic but Geet, her expressionless look and her presence triggered it all. Also, the anger that why hadn't she told me anything back in college about her feelings for Nivin? Did she just trust me so little then?

" Sid, you don't have any right to get angry on me? I myself am not getting anything that's going on here. All I did, was do like my husband asked me to do. Cover up for him. I had no clue that you'd be here. I promise. Can you just explain what happened just there?"

"So, meek Geet finally has got her voice?" I taunted her." So, you got so brave that now you're asking who am I. Oh, if just forgot I'm just your best friend from college and the person there that just fainted now was Nivin, the man that regrets every single day for rejecting your proposal to him? You know how much he has suffered? Now do you?"