Chapter 5

"So how was the tour?" Taylor's mom asked him, the family was currently sat at their dinning room table having family dinner. Taylor's mother had asked just what he knew she would.

"Fine," he said "nothing special."

"Are you ready and prepared?"

"Mom , it's school."

"I just want to make sure you'll be okay on the first day."

"Maybe you should of thought of that before you made me move." The room fell silent, Taylor's brothers sat quietly waiting for their father to speak up. The silence only lasted a few seconds.

"Never speak to your mother like that." Taylor's father said raising his voice only slightly, but enough to make a lion run. "You know we had to move , we've talked about this earlier ,Taylor."

"Dad, you don't understand."

"To hell I do. You're just like every other teenage boy , you can't just do something your parents ask of you."

"You didn't ask me you forced me, I had no say in the matter."

"You're here and thats not going to change,end of conversation."

"The least you could have done was made us move into a house that wasn't haunted."Taylor said under his breath.

"Excuse me young man, what did you just say?" His mother asked him

"I didn't say anything."

"That's it, Taylor go to your room. I will be up after dinner to take your computer, you can leave your phone on the table."

Taylor got up and placed his phone on the table, without a word he left the room and went to where he was told. He searched through a box to get his laptop out. Once he found it he opened the door to his room and placed the laptop on the floor outside his door and shut it. He moved some of his still packed boxes in front on the door so his mother could not open the door,since his door had no lock this was the best he could do. He laid down on his bed and looked straight up to the ceiling above him. He could hear the footsteps of his mother coming up the stairs, just before a knock sounded.

"Taylor, did you think you could just leave your laptop and i wouldn't bother you?"

"Mom i'm tired can we talk tomorrow?"

"Fine, if we talk in the morning you better of thought about all you have said and have a good apology and explanation."

His mother left him and he stay on his bed, he had lied to his mother, he was not all that tired yet. Taylor took one off the still packed boxes from the door and opened it up , in it were posters and plaques , his grade eight diploma and trophies and medals from numerous sports teams and science fairs. He took the time he had before he would go to sleep and put things up around his room. Dusting off a self , he placed a few trophies he had earned from being the most improved soccer player when he was ten , and a third place science fair trophy, a participation trophy from his old baseball team. All of them were great memories ,but they also remind him of his home. He placed posters on the floor according to the place he wanted it on the wall, he had no tape so he couldn't actually put then up. He found a few nails in the room and placed his framed eighth grade diploma on the one near the window.

Taylor opened the window and looked outside hoping that maybe, just maybe, he could see the supposed train tracks not to far, he was hoping that a train would pass, however the thought crossed his mind that Clara might have been pulling his leg, he may have only been here a few days but you would think he would have seen or at least heard a train if there were tracks nearby,Clara said nothing about the tracks not being used anymore. He would have to wait until morning to do anything in terms with finding the tracks since he one, was stuck in his room and two, he had no clue where to find a flash light.

Taylor finally laid in his bed ,under the covers and let his dreams consume him.

................................................

Two updates two days in a row, I'm on a roll, this is a bit shorter then my last chapter but still it's an update. (Don't get used to it, I don't know how long this will last.)

Leave a comment, I love to hear feed back and add to your library so you don't miss an update

All My Love

~A~