t w o

BRUCE
We pulled up to Lazarus and I wasted no time getting out of the car. Although I had so much shit traveling through my mind, I still couldn't wait to see Tereny. She still meant a lot to me. Regardless of the circumstances, she was still my wife, and I still love her. It's just that shit is just changing.

    I get out of the car and walk through the double doors and inside of the building. As I walked in, a lady greeted me with a smile on her round face. She uncrossed her arms and walked over towards me.

    "Hello, how can I help you today?" She asked.

    "I'm here to pick up Tereny Golden."

    "Oh. Okay. Come on, let's have you sign her out." She walks over to a counter and grabs a clipboard. "Let me see your license and you can put your name down here to sign her on out. I'll go ahead and call for her." She spoke politely. I nodded and did as I was told.

    I passed over my license for the lady to see as I signed my name onto the sign out sheet.

    When I finished, I stood in the lobby and waited. And honestly, waiting on Tereny to walk through those double doors reminded me so much of our wedding day. I couldn't help but feel a little nervous. I wasn't sure how she was going to look coming through those double doors. I wasn't sure how she was going act towards me in person. I wasn't sure what to expect. But I can say that waiting for her seemed like I was waiting forever. I couldn't take it. All of the silence and suspicion. It was killing me.

    What bothered me most is that she wanted to keep every discussion between her and the doctors confidential. It hurt that she didn't want me to know what happened to her. I mean, I'm her husband. I'm supposed to know what had changed her life. All I wanted to know is what happened to her. What did Paci do to her?

    As much as I wanted to question her, I figured that I should just give her some time. I mean, whatever he done to her, it traumatized her. She's hearing voices now.

    In the back of mind, I couldn't shake the feeling that she was raped that day. He may have just raped her and dropped her off somewhere. And I swear, if that's what happened, I don't think I'll ever forgive myself. I'd probably die if that's what happened.

    After waiting for what seemed like hours, the double doors opened and Tereny appeared right before me. She was dressed in a Heavenly white dress that my moms picked out for her. Her curly hair was pulled back into a ponytail. When she saw me, she looked as if she wanted to cry. I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there with my hands in my pocket wondering if I should hug her or just say something.

    As we stood there staring at one another, you'd think we were just meeting each other for the first time or something. She stared as if she was waiting for me to say something and I stared at her, waiting for her to make the first move. I sighed after a bit of silence and looked at her luggage.

    My thoughts were in full effect as I walked over to her and grabbed the luggage. I looked towards the lady who was looking at us as if she were disappointed or something. I didn't bother to say anything else as Tereny and I walked out of the door together.

    My moms was posted against the car when we walked out of the building. She lit up when she saw Tereny walk through the door. She bounced off of the car and rushed over to us. She wrapped her arms around Tereny and I could've sworn I saw tears.

    I didn't want to breakup their emotional moment so I just took it upon myself to pop the trunk and put Tereny's suitcase inside.

    "Oh my God, Tereny. How're you feeling?" My moms asked her.