f i f t y

TERENY
I wake up in my room, hearing nothing but the light snores of Britten in my right ear. I was holding up Britney on my chest as she slept with her arms wrapped around me. All I could do was look up to the ceiling and smile a little, thanking God for allowing for me to have not one, but both of my babies here with me today. Too bad their grandparents want in on some of the action.

    Yesterday, I had agreed to drop my babies off to them so that they can spend a little time with them for two days. This was going to make me a little nervous. I hadn't been without them since I've had them other than leaving them here with Tray, but I knew that I needed to get over it. Besides, Bruce wanted to talk, so I was feeling a little more confident.

    Sitting up, slowly, trying not to wake Britney up, I slide out of the bed and gently put her down to where she was hugging the pillow I had been resting my head on. She shifted in her comfortable position and remained asleep. I figured that I would let them sleep for a little moment while I went downstairs to see what Trey was up to.

    After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I made it down the stairs. I could hear sizzling coming from the kitchen. Without saying a word, Trey looked behind himself and saw me. He smiled and watched me as I walked in.

    "Good morning." He greeted me.

    "Good morning." I say back to him as I stood against the refrigerator door.

    It was in that moment where I realized that I kinda owed him an apology from how I'd just walked in the house yesterday and ignored him and his company.

    "I think I owe you an apology." I say, pushing my pride aside.

    Trey looked down for a moment and then back up at me. He grinned and nodded. I guess this was his way of accepting it.

    "It's cool. She was here and you were unaware that she would be here. I understand why you did what you did."

    I sighed.

    "Why was she here?" I couldn't help but to ask him.

    "I'm gonna be leaving town Friday and she was asked to come along with me on business. That's it. I honestly don't know what made her decide to travel down here a few days before but she's here in town." He explained.

    "Business?"

    "Yea, just business. You know how that shit go."

    I also knew that he was trying not to mention to me what he meant when he was claiming that it was business. But considering that I didn't want any parts of it, I was going to have to let it be what it is. Knowing that bit of information, I knew that it was within my best interest to stay out of his business and understand that when it came to his money, all it was, was just business, regardless of whether I liked it or not. I had my way of making money and he had his own. I just prayed he didn't do this for the rest of his life.

    "Tray, you're not going to be doing this for the rest of your life are you?"

    "What you mean?"

    "This type of business..." I paused, wondering if I should say anything else.

    "I mean, this type of business is how I make my money. To be honest, I don't really know. Part of me believes that this is the way to make my money for a living and for the rest of my life. Another part of me wants to make it to a certain amount so that I could start investing it in stocks." He explained.

    He turned off the stove and walked over towards me. When he got closer, I could see lust in his eyes and it made me feel a certain way. I swallowed hard and leaned my head against the refrigerator to continue to stare up at him.