t w e n t y t w o

CHERI
"Ion know. I think you need to stay outta what they got going on. Ion really appreciate him putting you in the middle of his mess, bae."

    LJ said as we sat in our bedroom, snuggled up under the covers. I ended up dropping Cashmere and Jeremih off to Jeremy and tending to Britney and Britten who were actually both down and taking a nap. Since they were napping, LJ and I had decided to Netflix & Chill.

    "He's not putting me in the middle of nothing. I owe him a lot. He's always been there for me and it's only right if I be there for him in return. He's my little brother." I explain, feeling some type of way about him not agreeing with me. But I could understand that he didn't want me caught up in no mess.

    "You do know if that girl come for her kids, she can call the police and prolly have us both arrested." LJ said as he moved me in closer to him. I rolled my eyes.

    "Not if Bruce is here. He's their father. The police can't do shit if he here." I say, hoping Bruce come on.

    "All I'm saying is, you can't keep her from her kids. She birthed them. And every kid should be with their mother. Unless they mother like mine." He shook his head just thinking about his mama, Adele. I never met her before and he wanted to keep it that way.

    "Yea, but she's kinda unfit. She's mentally ill and I'm with Bruce when he says he's afraid to leave the kids alone. We're talking about a girl who tried to kill herself. A girl who aborted a child. And she already didn't want the first child she got pregnant with. If anything, Bruce is more fit to watch over them kids."

    "You might be right, but it ain't none of yo business." LJ said, moving my head around to where I was looking at him. "Bae?"

    "Huh?"

    "Mind yo business."

    I sucked my teeth and moved my head back to face the tv. LJ was now pinching my nipples and I didn't care. He did it often. It's like a comfort thing to him. I pushed myself into him more to get comfortable myself while he made my nipples hard.

    My phone started ringing next to me. I pushed the covers back, nearly revealing me and my nakedness. Grabbing my phone, I look at the screen to see that it was Tereny calling me. My heart skipped a beat and it wasn't in a good way.

    I looked up to LJ and showed him my phone while it continued to ring.

    "Shit, if I answer it, she's gonna wanna come get em and I told Bruce I wouldn't let her get them." I say, before looking back at the phone ring.

    "Well then, don't answer it." LJ spoke up. "See what I'm talking bout? You getting yo self involved in some shit that really ain't got shit to do with you. Now you finna be caught up in some bullshit behind yo lil brother."

    "But he's my little brother. You'd do the same for your sisters. You'll protect them. At least I hope so."

    "I'll protect them, no doubt. But all this extra shit, like keeping this girl from her kids, they can kiss my ass. I can't keep a parent from they kids. I ain't going to jail behind some shit that ain't got shit to do with me." He said again for the millionth time.

    "I hear you, LJ." I roll my eyes and lean my head back into him.

    My doorbell rang, startling me. I was beginning to get a little nervous because it could be Tereny ringing that bell. And if it's her, I really didn't know what to do after that. I looked back at LJ who was looking at me with marijuana eyes.

    I sigh and scoot my way out of bed and walk over to my lounge chair and grabbed my robe to cover up my body. The doorbell rang again, making me speed up the process. I walked out of the room, tying my robe and walking into the living room and to the door. The damn peephole was so high, I couldn't look out of it to even see who was there. Perks of being short as hell.