n i n e

TERENY
"Tereny Golden?"

    The doctor called my name, making me raise my head up. I let out a sigh of relief as I stood to my feet. Bruce right beside me, standing as if the doctor had called for him too.

    I sort of wanted him to stay behind in case something was wrong. But he just insists being on me every second and because I damn near killed myself, I knew that he wasn't going to let me out of his sight.

    I just wanted this nightmare to be over already. There's no denying that what Dr. McGee said was right. I'm just a few weeks pregnant and this baby belongs to Paci. And no matter how wrong I want him to be, I had faced reality a long time ago.

    I tried burying myself and never coming back up. My body is tired. I'm tired. And as much as I want this nightmare to come to an end, it's never going to. And with this baby belonging to Paci, I'm going to be faced with the fact that I was raped, every day of my life. I don't want to live like this.

    So, yea... I tried to kill myself. And it was almost successful had Bruce not tried to come to my rescue. For that moment, I despised him. But quickly realized that he only did it because he didn't want my death on his conscious.

    "Mrs. Golden? Is everything okay?"

    Dr. Palmier stood in front of me with her hand waving, snapping me out of the trance that I was just stuck in. I snapped out of it and put my attention on her as quickly as I could.

    "Oh, I'm sorry." I apologized.

    "It's okay. I can understand with you just finding that you're pregnant, a lot can be on your mind. So I can fully understand." She smiled as she sat down. "Dr. McGee did inform me that you two had gone to see him and that you found out that you're a few weeks pregnant. What I'm going to do is run a test on you to make sure that he was one hundred percent accurate."

    She had then stood to her feet and walked over to her counter, opening a drawer and pulling out a tiny cup that I knew right then that I had to pee in. I swallowed hard only because I had been holding in my urine for quite some time just for this.

    "I'm sure you know what to do." She smiled as she walked it over to me. I gave her a small smile and took the cup into my hand, standing to my feet.

    Bruce sat there, spaced off, not paying me any mind. I just shrugged it off and walked out of the room, walking to the bathroom that I saw the moment I walked down the hall.

    Once I walked into the bathroom, I shut the door and locked it. I sat the cup onto the sink and looked at myself into the mirror. No way this was me.

    My face was sunken in almost as if I had lost some more weight. I had bags under my eyes as if I had been lacking sleep. I had worry lines on my forehead that I wasn't used to seeing there before. It made me worry even more simply because I looked a lot older than I really am. I sighed and clenched my teeth together before looking away.

    I proceeded to do what I needed to do. When I was done, I set the cup into the tiny door just above the toilet and closed it shut.

    I walked back over to the sink to wash my hands and looked into the mirror at myself once more, wondering where the recognizable me had gone. Because this woman in this mirror, I didn't know her. It just upset me how different I really looked. And if I wasn't mistaken at all, there were grey hairs that I found to be presenting right upfront of my hairline.

    I don't know why it's taking me until now, inside of this bathroom to see the harm that all of the worrying had caused on my body. The worrying that didn't look existent before is now recognizable. There was no denying that I wasn't the same person that I used to be. And the fact that I'm carrying another man's baby...it only added fuel to the fire.