Love Is Weakness

Drakes POV:

I woke with a start, the nightmares are back, for years I had dreamt about my parent's death. They were killed before my very eyes, at the hands of someone close to me...My Uncle. A mad man, a murderer, the only family I have left. I remember the day he called me into his office, he was my Alpha, the retired Alpha of my pack. I know, if he was the Alpha, shouldn't his son be Alpha, well he had no kids and I was an only child. He chose me because I was special. More on that later.

Flashback

Drake POV at age 7:

I walked to his door, knocked and waited for the "come in". I knew not to disrespect him, even though he was family, I was still just another pack member. I entered and found my parents kneeling on the floor infront of my Uncles desk. I was beyond confused, he must have noticed my look of confusion because he beckoned me over, telling me to stand beside him. I looked down at him, he was seated with a look of disgust on his face and my parents were kneeling, whatever was going to happen, it wasn't going to be good.

"Drake, my boy tell me, do you love your parent's?" he asked, tilting his head towards me. "Of course, Alpha" I knew better than to ask why, that would be a sign of disrespect, questioning an Alpha. He grinned "Just as I thought" he looked at me, dead in the eyes and stated "Love is a sign of weakness Drake, an Alpha never shows weakness" I was really confused now, what was he saying, without letting me answer he continued "I want you to be next in line to rake over the position of Alpha of this pack" I was speachless, I looked at my parents, they looked sad, no, more like devastated.

"Alpha, if I may, what do my parent's have to to with this?" I asked in a whisper hoping he wouldn't be mad. His smile turned into a sadistic smirk, I was worried now, what he was thinking, I dont think anyone would want to know. He stood and walked over to my parents, placing one hand on each of their shoulders, bending down, he spoke to my father, "Let's put on a show then" my father broke down, sobs wracking his body.

My Uncle began to caress my mother's face, I was shocked, the may have been family, but she was nothing to him. "I am sorry, little sister, but the boy needs to learn" my mother began to struggle out of his grip, but he held on tighter, bringing his hands up to her neck, he touched my father's mark, he growled, "Get. Your. Fucking. Hands. Off. My. Mate!" My Uncle turned to him and in a split second had him pinned to the nearest wall, snapping his neck. I was shocked, my mother screamed in pain, the pain of losing her mate. I felt wetness on my cheeks, I lifted my hand and realised I was crying. He killed my dad, my father, my family, I looked to my mum and she mouthed 'run' to me, I couldn't move, I was frozen, feet glued to the floor.

He looked towards my mother, taking slow, agonizing slow steps to were she was kneeling. He gripped her by her hair and yanked her to her feet, I knew what was going to happen. I snapped out of my trance and rushed towards her, hoping to save my only parent left. He saw me coming and backhanded me across the room, I was in a daze, coming out of it only to see him snap my mother's neck and toss her to the side like she was nothing. He turned to me, smirkin, like he enjoyed what he had just done. I scurried as far back as I could, hoping to get away from this monster. He walked with purpose towards me and gripped my arm, tightly, making me cry out in pain. He looked me in the eyes, I was sobbing now, how could he, they were my family. "Tell me boy, why are you crying?" was he crazy, after seeing that, he was seriously asking why I was crying. "You killed them, they were my family I loved them!!!... I love them." I felt broken, they were just gone, in an instant nothing.

"I told you Drake, love is weakness"

End of flashback

To this day I still think about them, every night praying for no more nightmares... for the last 10 years.