Chapter 33

Hello! Summer holiday has started and as I am writing this right now, my prom is tomorrow. I need to prepare for it, and yet I can't be bothered to at this particular moment in time. (I FINISHED ALL OF MY EXAMS YAY!)

Also, after nice warm and sunny weather, Britain decided to remind all of its citizens that it was, well, Britain. And the warm and sunny weather does not last for long. Instead, it's humid and raining.

ALSO, THE EXO COMEBACK GUYS? MONSTER? LUCKY ONE? THE ALBUM? Oh my god it was beautiful.

~ Wolfie

_____________________________________

I'm toying with you in my palm however I want, don't run away, you will linger forever

You can call me monster.

I'm creeping in your heart babe

I will overturn you, break and swallow you, yeah I steal you and indulge in you

I will ruin you

~ Monster by EXO

The Jinchuuriki Alliance (Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 33 - Countdown

'I'm okay.' Gaara replied quickly. Breathing a sigh of relief, Naruto nodded at the other ninja in the room in reassurance. 'But I need to inform you all of something.' He reported.

Leaning on the wall behind him, Naruto narrowed his eyes, 'Go on.'

'Orochimaru sent out the signal,' The Shukaku Jinchuuriki said gravely. 'The invasion is going to occur in one minute.'

Naruto let out a breath he didn't know he was holding as he shut his eyes and inhaled again. It was a couple of seconds before he exhaled again.

"What happened?" Sasuke questioned.

Naruto opened his eyes slowly and turned to look at Fuu, who was in the same state as he was. "Fuu, count down from 60."

Fuu's eyes hardened and she nodded, "60, 59, 58, 57..."

Naruto turned around to look at Sasuke and Akihiko, Kaoru and Haru had re-entered the room just before Akihiko was going to be called away and so were present.

"Orochimaru has called the invasion, it will begin when Fuu stops counting. We need to be ready."

"53, 52, 51, 50..." Fuu continued, a hand in her ninja pouch, making sure she had equipment.

"Akihiko! Fuu! What's the holdup?" Genma walked towards them and asked with curiosity and irritance on his face.

"We're not going to the match." Akihiko told him.

"47, 46, 45..."

"What? Why?" Genma furrowed his brows.

Naruto snapped his head upwards towards the proctor and stared at him, "In exactly 42 seconds, there will be a full scale invasion on Konoha from Suna and Oto. The match doesn't matter."

It took a second for the sentence that Naruto had just said to register into Genma's brain, he raised his eyebrows and then narrowed his eyes. "Are you fucking with me?"

The blond haired Jinchuuriki shook his head, "No."

"37, 36, 35, 34..." Fuu tapped Naruto and widened her eyes in a gesture.

Naruto bit his lip and turned to the others, "We have no time." He said. "Pack your shit, we're going." He stopped and then looked at Fuu and Akihiko, "Go to the arena."

"What? Why?!" Akihiko snapped.

"We can't let Orochimaru know that we know that something is up, continue as normal, but be aware that it will occur in-" He looked at Fuu, "-30 seconds. Sasuke, Haru, Kaoru, let's go."

Fuu grabbed Akihiko's sleeve as he was about to protest and simply shook her head as she continued counting. Picking up her pouch, she left the room, following Genma as he made a summon to tell other Jounin of the invasion, and start the next match.

Akihiko stared at Fuu's retreating back and exhaled raggedly, jogging to catch up with her and cracked his hands in preparation.

They continued walking into the arena and Genma was already standing in the middle.

He looked around in worry and took a deep breath.

"Akihiko from Kiri," He motioned to the boy who entered the arena. Once the mint-haired girl also entered, he continued. "Fuu from Taka." Looking up into the audience, knowingly thinking about the amount of unknown ninja amongst them, he spoke. "The second match!"

'20, 19,' Fuu looked up, '18, 17, 16...'

~*~*~

All the Jinchuuriki heard Fuu's counting.

'Han and I are in the village, there are bound to be some enemy ninja ready to attack civilians.' Roshi's rough voice spoke through their mental connection.

'Right,' Yugito said, 'The rest of us are still in the arena, I see many ninja who are getting prepared to fight, I'm assuming the most of the enemy ninja are here, aiding Orochimaru and dealing with the higher-level ninja.'

'Sasuke has notified Sakura and Akane, as well as Moka and Miharu. The proctor, Genma, also knows.' Naruto's voice resonated through the link, and all of them nodded.

'Temari, Kankurou and I are also ready, so is my Sensei, Baki.' Gaara reported.

'10, 9, 8...'

'Shit, okay, Yugito and Bee are still with me, and so is Yagura. We're with the Hokage, A and Orochimaru in disguise.'

There was a bit of silence, until Yagura spoke in a calm voice. 'Naruto.'

The blond boy, who was standing with Sasuke and the two Kiri members, was amongst the audience. He blinked, 'Yes?'

'You're our leader, Naruto.' Yagura said. He then chuckled, 'What do we do. Tell us, what do we do?'

Suddenly, Naruto felt something that he had only felt once before. An uncontrollable amount of power. He was in charge. He was the leader of the Jinchuuriki and he called the shots. He grinned.

'6, 5...'

'Okay, protect the areas which you are situated. Yagura, Bee, Utakata, Yugito, I'm counting on you for separating the Hokage and Orochimaru so the old man doesn't die. After they are separated, I want you to join the others in defeating the enemy ninja and either incapacitating them or binding them so they don't escape. If one has potential, make sure they are able to still be a ninja, we need more.'

'Okay.' The four ninja made affirmative sounds and allowed him to continue speaking.

'Protect the civilians; Fuu, I want you and your team to take all the civilians outside, the arena will become a warzone. Tell Akane and Sakura to help the medics with healing. Sasuke and the Kiri team will capture the Sound Four and prevent them from aiding Orochimaru. The rest of you-'

The sound of the countdown lowering made adrenaline rush through Naruto's veins. He felt like he was high on drugs, his body was searing to be active and start defeating all of his enemies. He would protect them – he would protect his village and his friends.

'3, 2, 1.'

Naruto's eyes flashed red for a second and he felt the Kyuubi's chakra being ready to be used. With a curl of his lips, he grinned and lifted his hands into his most favourite hand sign. "Let's go wild."