Aftertaste: Chapter Two

Hayden's POV:

I sit with Jude in a meadow. This is actually nice. Being able to sit with him and all without Nate being jealous. I lay my head in Jude's lap looking up at the sky. The day has been peaceful and I didn't want to give it up for anything.

"I'm sorry about Nate," I whisper softly looking into Jude's blue eyes.

"Don't be, he acts like he owns any girl he's either fucked or dated. He won't change how I feel about you."

My cheeks burn as I cover my face with my hands. Jude laughs lightly. He moves my hands, and has me sit up so that I'm somewhat level with him.

"You know, I'm surprised you trust me so much. Giving the fact that guys in the past have hurt you."

I shrug and look at the grass and flowers surrounding us. The sun beat down on us with the summer heat. Jude sighs and had me face him.

"We've only been on one date, Hayden, but I'm sure what we have is strong. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smile and nod.

"Of course, Jude."

He smiles and kisses me on the forehead, before standing up and I help him carry out picnic items to the truck. Jude comes and opens the door for me, letting me climb into his truck. He shuts the door once I get in. I feel my face heat as I think of finally being happy. We drive in silence back to mine and Sammy's and Nate's house.

Jude takes my hand in his and I smile. Nate can't stand in my way when it comes to this. He stands no chance to getting me back. Once we pull in the driveway, Nate is the first to walk over to us. I get out first and push him back.

"Nate, you will not be punching anyone. Go inside," I plead.

His cold stare goes to me as Jude steps from the truck.

"Nate, please," I whisper.

He looks down at me. His gaze softens and he goes inside. I turn to Jude, who smiles and pulls me into his embrace. I breathe in his scent before pulling away.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks.

I nod and smile. Jude bends down and kisses me softly. I pull away and head inside. Once I get through the door I'm met by Sam and Nate.

"What?" I question.

"Are you dating Jude, Hayden?" Sam asks.

"You know what, I'm not a child Samuel. I don't have to tell you shit."

I start to walk away, but Nate grabs my wrist and pulls me back harshly. I whimper lightly.

"Nate, you didn't have to do that," Sam says.

"Hayden, Jude is gonna hurt you."

"Is he going to hurt me like you did?" I spit at Nate, not caring about his feelings anymore.

I pull away harshly and walk to my room.

--

"Apologize, Hayden," Sam says walking into my room.

"No, Sam. You two do not get to decide who I date. I'm not a child. Now get out of my room."

Sam ignored my request and pulls me from my bed and pulls me downstairs to Nate. I lean against the wall, ignoring them both. Sam leaves the room and Nate approaches me. I don't look at him. He places his hands on my waist making memories come back.

"Nate-"

He makes me face him and he leans down. Kissing me softly. I shove him off.

"Fuck you," I spit.

Nate pushes me against the wall causing me to flinch in fear.

"Wow, who knew? Nate Maloley is a fuckboy. I'm not your property."

"Hayden-"

"No, Nate I will not ruin my relationship with Jude just to please you. Please, just stop."

He sighs and nods before letting me go. I walk back up to my room an shut my door quietly. I sit back on my bed and look at the mirror as the door to my closet. I pull my legs to my chest and sigh.

Nate's POV:

He sits outside of the house on the patio. She's right, she doesn't have to apologize at all of that means that she's happy. Nate should be happy for her, but he isn't. He hates the thought of losing her, again. Nate has Elizabeth though. Who loves him more than anyone else.

"How'd it go?"

"It doesn't matter, Sam. She shouldn't have to apologize for my mistakes. Her and Jude seem really happy together anyway, I won't make her unhappy."

Sam sighs and sits with Nate outside in the humid Californian air. Nate would be labeled as an idiot if he thinks that she'll take him back after everything. He knows that she still suffers from memories of their school days when she's asleep. He can't comfort her at all because he took part in that.

"What's wrong?"

"You don't understand why she's so angry with me, Sam."

"Please inform me," Sam says looking at his best friend.

The one who forced Nate to hurt her and help turn everyone against her.

"You do realize that every night she has nightmares of us beating her up?"

"I didn't."

"Why do you think she said what she did? She has no reason to apologize to me."

Hayden's POV:

I look down at them talking. Nate realizes how stupid he was for kissing me. I listen as they plan a party and plan on inviting Jude. Oh no.

--

I look at myself in the mirror. I decided on coming to the party. I chose to wear a navy blue/ mint chevron dress and white pumps. I did my own make up which includes pink matte lipstick. Elizabeth did my hair and put in a blossom hair pin set to go in the braid.

I greet Jude at the door.

"You look wonderful, Hayden," he smiles, taking my hand and kissing it.

"You don't look too bad either."

He smirks and we walking into the living room hand-in-hand. We make our way through the crowds and outside to the bonfire where everyone is located.

"Jude, no-"

"It'll be okay, Hayden," he whispers kissing my cheek.

I nod and follow him to my friends. They all look towards us and Cameron and Nate look away as soon as they see us. Madison sits in between Jack's legs. I do the same once we sit down. They all talk about upcoming tours and other things. Madison is working on music with Justin Bieber and helping the Jack's get noticed.

"Hayden, are you okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I look over to Nash who's glaring at Jude. All the noise died down until we heard yelling and I see Nate unconscious on the ground.