Chapter Seventeen

Hayden's POV:

We moved into our house today. It's a relief but Nash is always over. Today. We're alone together. Wonderful. He asked me the same question from the first day we met.

"What happened to your father?"

"You really want to know, Nash? He died. I wasn't able to attend his funeral because I was a slut. Now fuck off."

"Hayden-"

"Leave me alone."

The others come in and Nash's hand is wrapped around my wrist. He's pulled away and I look at Nate. He wraps his arms around me. We go upstairs and I lean against the wall.

"don't leave me home alone with Nash ever again."

"Okay, I won't," he mutters.

Nate kisses me softly, while holding my waist. He leads me from the room and down the steps. I stand next to him.

"We're going out, cmon guys."

I look at him. I thought it'd be us two, but since we got to California, Nate and I have had no time together. I bite my lip as I'm lead into Jack J's car. With Sammy in front. Nate goes with Nash and I sit alone in the back.

Why'd I take him back? Knowing that he's gonna ignore me again. I pick at the lavender polish on my nails.

"You okay?," Sam asks staring intently at me.

"No."

"What's up, Hayden," Jack asks.

"I'm going to sound selfish."

"What, hun?"

"Nate. I get he has friends, you two both know I'm not needy or all over him. It's just- I-I miss him. We don't spend any time alone together."

"Hayden-"

"I know, the tour. That's why I'm feeling this way. I'm not okay right now. I don't feel comfortable around Nash, either."

"You wanna go home," Sam asks.

"No."

We stay silent and we pull up to the mall. I get out and we all walk in as a group. I'm pulled against someone and I see Nate. He laughs with Cameron. This just makes me feel smaller. None of them talk to me.

I pull from Nate's grasp and walk towards Hot Topic. He looks towards me and I roll my eyes. Nate's eyes look at me with an angry glance. He follows me and I go into the store. Going straight to the back to look at the shirts and bra's. Hands wrap around my waist. When I turn I see Nate. He grabs one of the white skull dresses and pushes me into the dressing room. Shutting the door.

"Nate get out, I'm trying to shop," I snap.

"Why are you so moody?"

"It doesn't matter. Let me go."

"What did I do, baby?"

"Nate, not here."

He gives a look and I sigh.

"We don't spend time together anymore. Like just us. I'm selfish, I'm sorry."

Nate looks down at me. My head turns away, and I can't face him. Nate takes me into his arms. I shut my eyes and pull away.

"Join your friends, Nate. I'll be okay."

"You sure?"

I nod, watching as he leaves and I go out to find clothes in my size. Except the band-tees, and sweaters. I leave the store shortly after and see the boys. Quietly I walk over. That's when I see fans, and a few talk about me.

"Nate, why are you with Hayden?" A girl asks .

I back up and walk away. They don't like me. Should've known. Some girls recognize me, but keeps walking. I find a table and sit down. Nash walks towards me and I stand.

"Wait, Hayden-"

"Leave me the hell alone, Grier."

"Come with me."

Nash takes my hand. We walk towards the crowd. Nate is talking with a fan, but we stand there. I don't go near them. Nate kisses her cheek and the crowd leaves. Nate looks at me.

"Jack, can you take me home? I feel sick", I say looking at the blond.

He nods, leading me out of the mall. Nate's eyes burn into the back of my head. I get in the passenger seat. Once I shut the door, I lay my head on the window. Jack drives off and breaks the silence moments later.

"You okay?"

"I think I'm losing him again, Jack. I can't go through that pain again."

I get out and Jack goes with me inside. Sam will get home. There was room in the other car. Jack sits beside me on the couch and I look at him. Laying my head on his shoulder. Jack is my best friend. This has been normal for so long.

"Nate loves you, Hayden. I know he does. He's still so stupid about love. He's trying."

"Nash is getting in between it."

"What?"

"Nash is making this so hard. He doesn't leave me alone and I'm scared he'll hurt my relationship."

The others return home and Nate grabs me. Dragging me upstairs. Slamming me unto the wall when we get in the room. I gasp at he movement and before I can speak.

"What the he'll is wrong with you?"

"Me? I'm feeling sick. You're being an ass."

Nate lets go of me.

"Do you hate me, Hayden?" Nate asks.

"No."

Nate puts cups my chin before he kisses me softly. It gets tougher very quickly. Nate wraps my legs around his waist. So I have no contact to the ground. His tongue slips in my mouth. I pull away. Nate goes on to give me love bites. I giggle as he throws me on the bed and towers over me.

I look at him.

"I miss you," I whisper brokenly.

"I know."

Authors Note: I just want to thank you all who've read this and I'm so happy that I'm almost at 10k. It's crazy I never thought anyone would read this. -Danielle