Chapter Twenty-One

Hayden's POV:

I woke up only hours later. Unable to sleep. Having some sort of nightmare I couldn't remember. I curl under the duvet. There's a small knock on the door.

"Hayden?" Johnson asks.

I open the door and look at him.

"Why are you up," I whisper.

"I heard you scream. Are you okay?"

"Fine. Go back to bed, Jack."

But he walks into the room and shuts the door.

"Are you going to leave?"

I shrug and cover myself with the blanket.

"It's okay to cry, Hayden."

"Should leave him, Jack? I don't know where I'd go."

"I'd pay for you to fly home. Sam's dad would let you live with them again."

"I want to stay here, Jack."

He sighs and pushes me to where Nate usually sleeps, and wraps his arms around me. I shut my eyes, falling back into a deep sleep.

•••

"get out, Jack!"

That's what I woke up to. I look at Nate. He glares at me as soon and Jack leaves. He pulls me out of the bed, pushing me against the wall.

"Did you sleep with him, Hayden?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because you're my girlfriend, that's why!"

"Sure doesn't seem like it, I mean you got to cheat on me with the same girl! But that's okay."

I roll my eyes. I'm the oxygen to his fire, letting it continue to burn.

"Did you fucking sleep with him, Hayden," he yells.

"No. Cause I'm not someone who cheats on the person they love."

"It was a mistake, Hayden."

"So was me believing you wouldn't hurt me again."

"Don't do this, Hayden."

His eyes pleaded. My heart wanted him, but I can't take that chance. My heart broke again, and I couldn't take the chance to think he'll change.

"I thought I could trust you, and I thought about it. I can't take it again if you hurt me. We are over Nate. I don't ever want to see you again."

I try to get away from his grip, but he doesn't let me.

"You're not leaving!" He yells.

I flinch. He steps away.

"Hayden-"

I grab clothes to change into, and once I do I go into the bathroom and change. I collect my makeup and other materials used strictly for the bathroom. I put them in my large makeup bag. Once I walk out I throw his shirt at him. Nate walks over.

"Don't touch me or I'll scream."

Nate doesn't care as he grabs my arm, and I go off.

"Fucking let go of me! I hate you! You broke my heart and I gave it to you! I gave you chances no one should've! Get off of me!"

Nate doesn't say a word. He slams my back to the wall.

"I'm not letting you leave!"

I did the first thing I could've thought of. I kicked him where it hurt. With the quick second I had, I grabbed my phone and ran. I was stopped by Sam.