Aftertaste: Chapter Twenty-Four

Hayden's POV:

I hated the way I treated Cameron. So when he came up to check on me, I apologized so many times.

"Hayden, come with me. Change and do what you need, but come with me."

I quickly do two Dutch braids before slipping on a white tank top, sweatpants, my white chuck Taylor's and Cameron's hoodie. I take my phone and earbuds, and Cameron takes my hand. I follow him out of the house after he locks the door.

I follow him and we drive off to a café where the others are. I sit next to Madison and she hugs me.

"Cameron, we leave tomorrow. You guys are packed right?" Aaron asks.

"Yes, Aaron we are," he says.

Cameron holds my hand, and I look up at him. I lean my head on his shoulder, and he places his hand on my knee.

"You two had sex," Taylor whispers and my face heats.

Madison laughs and I look down.

"It's not funny. Jude and Nate won't stop bitching."

I look down. Cameron tells them he'll be back, that I'm sick and he needs to drive me home. It was a short ride as I went inside and laid on the couch. I shut my eyes as Cam drives away and sigh in relief. The door opens moments later and two voices come in.

"Jude, I think we deserve an answer right?"

"You're totally right, Nate."

I pretend to sleep as they corner me. Someone grabbed my wrist and I gasp as I'm pulled up. I come face to face with Nate and I pull away.

"I don't owe you two anything. Get out."

"Why'd you finally give yourself to someone?" Nate asks, as he pulls me closer, "And that someone being Cameron?"

"You do not need to know. It's not your business, Nate. Or you're Jude. So get out."

Nate smirks and crosses his arms. The door opens and many people come into the house, and I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Why are you two here?" Cameron asks from beside me.

"No reason," they say and leave.

. . .

Magcon came fast and the first stop was Houston. Cameron's fingers curl in my hair as we lay in bed.

"I'll stay here," I whisper softly.

"Hayden-"

I sigh softly. He kisses my forehead.

"You're coming."

I groan and get up. I slip on a green crop top and high waisted jeans. I get on socks and my green high top converse before grabbing my makeup back and doing some soft pink eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, nude lipstick and putting foundation on.

I French braid my hair quickly and Cameron grabs my wrist. I look up at him and he smiles down at me, as he kisses me. Thank god my lipstick dries fast and doesn't come off.

He pulls away and I blush. Cameron takes my hand after we grab our phones. I smile at Cameron realizing that this is the first time I'm with a completely new group of people. Cameron holds my hand as we enter the elevator.

When we enter, my heart drops as I see nate and a smirk evident on his face. I let go of Cameron's hand and I walk back to the room. I'm not going, I'm not facing Nate, or Jude ever again.

Before Cameron could protest, Nate was following me, and I watch Cam leave. My wrist is grabbed and I turn around.

"What? What I have I done for your self righteous ass to keep bothering me? I had sex with Cameron cause it was my choice, you aren't my boyfriend, and even if you were, you wouldn't be in charge of me!"

He pushes me against the wall.

"You kiss me I'm taking the first flight back to Omaha and calling the police! I'm not in love with you anymore, okay?"

Nate releases me and looks at me.

"You broke my heart too many times for me to love you. I've moved on, be an adult and move on too."

I walk back to my room and shut the door. My head bangs against it and I sigh. Cameron calls me and I answer.

"Are you alright, love?"

"I'm okay. I think I'm gonna go to the hotel pool for the day."

.  .  .

They didn't have an indoor pool, so I'm lead outside to where Jude and Nate are sitting. I sit generally close to them and I can see their eyes linger on my chest. Jude stands and walks over to me.

"What Jude."

He smirks as he turns my head to look at him.

"I don't appreciate being ignored."

"And I don't appreciate being harassed, Jude. Both of you, just leave me alone," I spit, and grab my towel and phone. I head back into the hotel.

My phone rings again after I'm done changing.

"Hey, come outside, we want you to come to the venue. You can walk around, do whatever you want."

I sigh and once I get downstairs, Cameron brings me into his arms. I smile and hug him back. Nate and Jace lean against the gate and smirk.

I sit quietly in between Cameron and Taylor, my head resting on Cameron's shoulder. He holds my hand in his own.

"I'll probably stay backstage, or walk around," I whisper softly.

Cameron nods and I shut my eyes as he rubs circles on my hand. They all joke around and talk about the old times during the first Magcon. Before they knew Sam and Nate, but knew the Jacks.

I sigh again as we stop and pile out, meeting Bart outside the van. He creeps me out, and once we all get out we're led backstage. I sit on the couch and cam smiles at me.