Aftertaste: Chapter Eight

Hayden's POV:

I awoke in Jack's arms. I sigh and poke his stomach. Jack smiles at me as he gets up off my bed. I sigh and get up. Quickly I brush my teeth and and hair. Before putting on somewhat dark eye makeup. I go to my closet and slip on a black floral crop top, and grab a layered skirt.

"Hayde-"

I turn quickly and see Nate.

"Are you okay?" He asks walking to me.

"Yeah. Thank you for staying with my last night," I whisper.

Nate wraps his arms around me, pulling me to him in a tight hug. I hate the way he treats me, but Nate knows how to keep me calm. My stomach does circles as he pulls away and my face heats.

"Get some shoes on, and come by my room."

I grab my platform boots and tie them before I slip out of my room and head to Nate's room. I stand in the doorway to look at him. I look at his tattoos that line his arms. Nate turns and smiles softly at me. I raise a brow at him.

"Nate-"

Nate pulls me in and shuts the door. I laugh at his childish behavior before he pushes me on his bed. All the boys smoke in the house. I look as he pulls out his cigarettes and his blunts that either Sam, Or Gilinsky bought.

"You think I'm gonna smoke with you, Nate?"

He nods sheepishly before he pulls out his lighter. I groan as he pulls me in his arms to have me be as close to him as possible. Nate brings the blunt to his mouth and sucks in. He holds his breath for a few seconds before he goes and blows out.

"Show off," I mutter jokingly.

"You know it," he laughs softly.

Nate takes another hit, and when he blows out he sucks it into his nose and then breathes it out. I shake my head. I can't let Nate try to get me back into this again. My mom almost murdered me the last time she founds out about my smoking. It's sad really, being dependent on your parents for the smallest things. Nate hands me the blunt. I smile softly at him before I go and take it, and coughing from not being used to the smoke. Nate puts it out on an ashtray, making me look up at him.

Nate leans down and kisses me taking me by surprise. I kiss back softly, but it only gets more heated as Nate holds down me down against the bed. He's such a prick, but I know that's just his nature.

"Nate-"

Sam opens the door and i automatically hide my face as Nate laughs awkwardly.

"Hayden, what about the Jude situation?"

"You're right," I whisper.

I get off the bed, and look at Nate. Sam pushes me out of the room, and I walk downstairs. Only to be greeted by Nash. I roll my eyes and go to find the Jacks.

"Hayden, don't ignore me."

Nash spins me around, causing my to glare at the blue eyed boy. I feel uncomfortable. I slip past him once I see Johnson.

Nate's POV:

"What is going on between you two?"

"I don't know, Sam! Hayden probably doesn't feel the same anyway. I'm not going to push her."

Sam sighs as they walk downstairs. Hayden and Johnson are talking. Nate walks over and leans against the wall. Hayden looks over at the boy she once loved.

"I need to go talk with Nate," she whispers.

A/N; sorry I've been updating so slowly, I've had serious writers block, and I'm trying. Also I'm sorry this chapter is so short. I just need to get an update out -Dani