Chapter Twenty-Two

Hayden's POV:

I sigh as I sit at Caribou Coffee, thinking about what the others are doing right now. I decided not to sit around anymore and let the fans get me down. Moping around didnt help me any. My phone rings loudly, interrupting my thoughts.

It's the person I never wanted to talk to. I let it continue to ring. I gather my things, and head to Sam's car. He let me use it while they were away. My phone goes off again. I scream. I answer it. I want Nate to leave me alone.

"What do you want, Nate?"

"I wanna know why he still has your number in his phone," Natalie spits.

"Don't act like a jealous girlfriend. I don't care why he has my number. I haven't talked with him in a month. So leave me the fuck alone."

I hang up and drive home silently. Anger fills me. I get home and make my way to the door. It opens and I see Nash and Cameron inside. Of course.

"Go away."

Nash grabs my wrist and pulls me to him. I look to Cameron.

"Nash. Let me go, I want to be alone."

"Hayden, you've been alone for a month. When you go out you make sure we don't join you. This isn't healthy," Cameron says concerned.

"Don't care."

I pull from Nash's grip. Anger was all I felt when I talk to them, or when I think about Nate. If I would've stayed with Nate that night, this wouldn't of happened. My heart sinks as I sit on the couch. The two follow and Cameron sits next to me. I won't take him back, it'll be more unbeatable than this.

Cameron's arm wraps around my shoulders and brings me to his side. I look at Nash, and I can't think of even being angry with him. It wasn't Nash's fault.

"Look," Nash starts, causing me to look in his direction, "I'm sorry for everything I've done."

"Nash, I'm not angry with you. You helped me realize that Nate-"

I choke on my words and sigh.

"Id take back giving him that chance."

Cameron has Nash leave and I cross my legs, pulling from Cameron's embrace

"Hayden, they come for a concert tomorrow. Sam wants you to go," Cameron says lightly.

"I'm not," I scoff at him, and go to leave, but Cameron grabs my wrist and stands. Holding me in place.

"It's not for Nate, Hayden. It's for Sam and your best friends."

"Cameron-"

"I know what it's like to lose someone you love because of this. Nate won't see you, he won't know."

"The fans-," I choke out.

"They know not to tell nate."

Cameron hugs me. I wrap my arms around him and let him hold onto me.

Johnson's POV:

He looks at Nate with Natalie. She knew he wasn't drunk, and she knew that they were fighting. Natalie ruined it, and got what she wanted. Nate.

Jack sighs and takes a break, and sits outside. Cameron pulls up and he can see Hayden. She runs into the blond's arms. He feels the tears land on his shirt.

"Jack, I'm sorry."

"Hey, hey, for what, Hayden? You didn't do anything wrong."

Jack looks as she bites her lip, and Jack looks at Cameron. Who walks over and grasps her forearm, pulling up the sleeve and seeing the stitches across her arms.