Chapter seven

Hayden's POV:

Jack and Sam come into my room. I watch as Johnson shuts the door and walks back over to me. Sam sits beside me and I shut my eyes. I'm so embarrassed that I actually thought anyone would want me. That hasn't changed in the last few years, and maybe Nate was lying about his crush.

"Nate's been trying to call and text you", Sam says, "What happened?"

"He didn't tell me about Natalie", I shrug, with tears burning in my eyes and a lump in my throat.

Sam wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I lay my head on his shoulder. My eyes wander to Jack. He smiles sadly at me and sits in front of me.I shouldn't of believed that Nate wouldn't do this.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me?", Natalie yells.

Sam gets up leaving the two of us alone. Johnson and I follow behind and Nate is standing in the middle of the hall with Natalie crying. She's so broken with the fact that he played both of us.

"You kissed her, and cheated on me! Why the fuck wouldn't you tell me?"

Nate just looks down, and he doesn't look at her. He knows what he did was so wrong, and yet he probably doesn't care.

"I'm done, Nate. I won't stand by and be cheated on." Natalie spits.

"Excuse me, Natalie. But if you don't remember you were kissing Chris," Gilinsky laughs.

"Whatever, we're through."

Natalie leaves and I can't help but feel entirely at fault. Nate looks at me before grabbing my wrist and dragging me to my room and locking the door. He sighs, and rubs a hand through his hair before he pushes me against the wall. I intake a sharp breath, and look at him.

"If you're gonna be with Johnson, then I need to know where I stand. If you want me gone, I'm gone. I won't bother you ever again. Please, please tell me how you feel." Nate begs.

"I don't anymore, Nate. If you can't promise me you won't cheat on me, like Natalie, then I won't be with you."

Nate groans and runs a hand through his hair. I can hear all of the guys listening. I wait for him to answer. I see the spark that he thinks will save his ass.

"When you came to school in fifth grade, with your hair chopped off because you donated it. I didn't say a word, I thought it was brave of you to do that. You still looked beautiful. I've had a crush on you since then, Hayden. In eighth grade, I started ignoring you because Sam told me to. I'd watch you in class, as creepy as it sounds. I have notebooks filled with letters I wanted to give you secretly. I pretended that I hated you, so you'd be surprised that I cared. I've been in love with you for as long as I've known you."

"Nate... no you've made so many mistakes. Cheaters always cheat."

"Give me a chance, Hayden! A second chance, and if I screw up, I won't ask for another," he whispers, but I know he'll ask for more.

This is his last chance.

"Okay, Nate. But if you break my trust I'm not coming back."

He nods, and kisses me desperately and holds my face in his hands. I gasp and he takes the opportunity to kiss me deeper.

"Damnit", Johnson says.

I open the door and Sam and the Jack's are there. Johnson drags me to the bathroom and shuts the door, looking hurt but understanding.

"I'll be on his ass if he hurts you behind your back." He states.

"I know, Jack. I'm really sorry."

"I love you, Hayden. But you're my best friend and I'll do anything for you," Jack states.

Jack hugs me and I feel safe in his embrace. I bury my head in his chest and kiss his cheek. Jack pushes me out.

Thank god there's no school tomorrow.

I walk past the boys and I shut my door, and changing into shorts and a large shirt. Quietly, I shut off my light, and climb into my bed, pulling my blanket over my body.

I shut my eyes, and drift off into a nonexistent paradise.

•••

"Do it", I hear Sam laugh while the others stifle theirs.

"She's gonna kill you", Gilinsky laughs.

"I'll take the risk," Nate states before laughing.

Cold water hits my forehead in a force that's like a squirtgun. I sit up and look at the boys. Nate smiles and so do the others, he's holding a squirt gun.

"What time is it?" I whisper.

I look at my alarm clock, barely able to make out the time.

8:35 AM.

"Let me sleep!", I groan and cover my face.

I shut my eyes and pull my covers over me, but water squirts at me again. Someone sits on top of me to tickle me. Only Sam knows those spots.

"No, stop!", I laugh.

"Make me", Sam says.

I open my eyes and shift my weight. Instead of staying on the bed, we both fall, and I land on his lap. His boner is evident. I pull away.

"Get out", I say tiredly.

"Awe", they say together.

I sigh and lay back in bed. But I can't sleep.

I groan and get up, walking out of my room. Nate is there leaning against the wall, smirking at me. I attempt to ignore his presence and go downstairs. Maids scurry past me in attempt to clean before my parents get upset about it.

I see Gilinsky with Maria. Our new maid who is sixteen.

"Manwhore alert", I tell her.

She laughs and nods at me before she pulls from his grasp, to make me breakfast. Gilisnky pulls me to him, and lowers his head to my ear.

"You look hot right now," he whispers.

I go to pull away, but he lowers his head to my neck and finds my sweet spot. I try pushing off, though I can't.

"Get off me, Jack. Now!"

He pulls away, and smirks at me before pointing to the spot. I feel my neck, and wince. I glare at him and go to punch him.

"Go fuck yourself, Gilinsky."

"I do everyday," he laughs.

Nate walks down the steps and looks at us.

"What happened?", he says as he sees the hickey placed on my neck.

"Ask your friend."

I walk away and join Maria in the dining room.

"He's cute isn't he?", she asks looking at Jack.

"No, actually. He's an ass."

She laughs and places my food down, and goes to get four more plates. I sit down, and I feel arms wrap around me. I see Nate, smiling down at me. I let him lean down to kiss me.

"I love you, Hayden", he smiles.