Aftertaste: Chapter Four

Hayden's POV:

"You have to come home," Sam says into my phone.

"No, I really don't. I need a brother who actually spared my feelings not his best friends'. I need someone to take my side for once."

"Hayden. You're overreacting. I'm coming to get you and you don't have a choice anymore."

He hung up on me. I end the call and look at Jude. I can't even get a full day of solitude. Jude kisses me softly and helps me pack my clothes. We sit on the front porch. Waiting for whoever to pick me up. Jude takes me in his arms and kisses me softly. I kiss back, more hungry for attention than I'd ever say.

"Not now, love."

I nod and look as Nash pulls up. Alone. They must hate me. Jude takes my bag to the truck. Nash pulls on my arm harshly and forces me in the truck. I can't even say goodbye to Jude as Nash races off down the street.

"You're such a little whore, Hayden!" He laughs.

"I don't see how that's possible if I've never slept with a guy, Nash."

He slams on his breaks. We're in the middle of nowhere.

"Don't be a know-it-all."

I swallow all my confidence. Nash leans over his seat, pinning me against the passenger door. Nash pulls me to him and forcefully kisses me. I push him off and open the door. I run out, slamming the truck door. I can't do this. I can't pretend they haven't all hurt me. I run into the field far from sight and then keep running parallel to the road. I need to escape and if that means I go missing from their lives, even Jude's, I'll do it.

Cameron's POV:

"Why didn't you go after her, Nash!" Sam yells at the nineteen year old.

"Because I didn't. Honestly, none of us will miss her. Not even you. She hates you, Sam."

"We need to find her."

"Have Jude do it. He's the only one who actually loves her," Nate laughs with Elizabeth in his arms.

Johnson looks at Cameron and they look at Gilinsky and Madison. They walk from the house all into Cam's car. Cameron never thought she'd result from running away, but he knew his best friend was lying.

"Where could she be?" Madison asks.

"I don't know, that worries me. She's never thought of running away," Johnson says, "She might try to hurt herself. Call Jude."

Gilinsky does it. Cameron's heart hurts. He should have never convinced her to come home. He can see Nate loves her, but bullying her and torturing her was seared in his brain by Sam. They all knew the story. Sam would laugh about his loser sister to them.

"He's out looking at the woods surrounding his house."

Cameron looks back at Madison. They're the best of friends, she looks scared.

"We'll find her, Madison," Cameron promises.

The sixteen-year-old nods.

Hayden's POV:

I sit in the pouring rain by the ocean. They wouldn't waste their time to find me. None of them care that much.

"They don't love you."

"Well, little lady, you shouldn't be out by yourself."

I turn around to see a forty-something year old man looking at me.

"Don't touch me."

He smirks and grabs my arm causing me to scream. His hand goes over my mouth. I flail in his grasp. I can see the smirk on his face as I'm thrown in a large white van. He handcuffs me, and tapes my mouth. I squirm, but am knocked out when he puts Chloroform under my nose.

•••

"She's waking, boss."

"Good job, Brendon."

I open my eyes and look at a boy my age and the man who abducted me. He smirks and the boy looks at me. He's being forced into this. I try to speak but a rope is tied around my mouth.

"What are you going to do to her?"

"Sell her what else? She's a looker, she's probably a virgin, she'll cost more."

Tears fall down my cheeks. I'm so stupid. The boy watches the man leave as he sits down beside me. Once the door shuts he removes the cloth.

"are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"No," I whisper, "Would he really sell me?"

He nods.

"Every girl he catches gets sold and sent out to Vegas for prostitution. If you're a virgin then you'll cost more and he'll sell you for at least a million."

My eyes water. The boy sighs.

"If you listen he won't hurt you."

"I just want to go home."

"You won't. I promise you that."

I shut my eyes and feel my heart break. I hurt Cameron, Jack and Jude. The boy looks sorry as he slips the cloth back in my mouth as the door opens. The man comes over and pulls me up. The boy is forced to stay down here as I follow him.

"You princess, will be worth millions given that you're a virgin."

My eyes water as he throws me in a bedroom and unties me. He uncuffs me and throws me on the bed. I bite my lip as he throws lingerie at me.

"Change, Sweetheart and then open the door."

Once the door shuts I see no windows. I reluctantly strip my clothes. I can't do this. A quiet sob escapes. I never wanted to be in Sex Trafficking. I put on the disgusting clothes. The door opens showing I took too long.

Nate's POV:

He made her run away. He put the thoughts in her head.

"Someone said she went with like a forty year old. Sam, that means she's been kidnapped and knowing our area. She's gonna be forced in Sex Trafficking. We need to call the police," Jude says.

Sam shrugs and goes to his room. Nate takes the phone and call the police.

"Yes, she's been missing for a few hours. Please," Nate says.

He won't allow her to lose everything because he put those thoughts in her mind. The police promise to help.