Chapter Two

Stop drooling, Elise, you look like a complete idiot right now. Maybe he's nice...

"Who the hell are you?" He asks, rudely might I add.

I couldn't even speak I was so embarrassed. I pushed myself up to my feet and with the words that failed to come out of my mouth, I pointed to my bags.

"Did you come to watch me naked or something?" He jokes, folding his arms across his toned chest.

"No!--I uh..." I trail off lost for words while analyzing his body.

"Look, I know I'm hot, but I don't think you're my type what-so-ever, clumsy." He smirks. As hot as he was, he still some how managed to piss me off.

"Clumsy?" I question.

"Yeah, well I mean, that's what you are. Unless you want to go back and fall for me again." He suggests, still smirking.

"We're choosing nicknames now, are we? How about asshole for your part." I scoff, grabbing my three bags.

"Ooh, the girl curses." He winks.

Susan must've made a mistake or something down the line, because there certainly were no boys in the picture. And I myself, refuse to live with this.

I grab my bags, not even looking back as I continued down the right hallway. My room must be somewhere around me.

"I think it's that way, clumsy." The voice continues. I turn around to find the boy resting upon his door frame pointing to the left hallway. "First door."

With a sigh I turned around, embarrassed as I carried my bags down into the left hallway, hearing a chuckle behind me. I finally found the room, shutting the door behind me before dropping my bags by the dresser and examining the bedroom. As if it was out of a movie.

A queen sized bed placed in the center of the room with a white duvet covering it and throw pillows arranged towards the back of the bed perfectly.

The beautiful view from outside the big window. The sun setting upon the now still ocean. Beautiful colors all around.

Of course, like the kid I was, I jumped onto the bed whilst looking into the giant mirror that covered up half of the wall beside the bed. I began dancing around like an idiot before finally falling backwards purposely and landing on my back. I looked up at the beautifully patterned ceiling.

Much different from my room where It is hardly even the size of a quarter of this room with a single bed that I've had since I was five.

But I could get use to this, real quick.

That's when I heard a knock on my door. I sat up to find Susan walking in and smiling at me.

"I see you've already adjusted to the room." She says, obviously pointing out all the pillows that fell to the ground and the messed up duvet.

"Oh" I said, getting up immediately. "My bad." I started flattening out the duvet whilst throwing the pillows back on the bed.

"Oh please, it's your room for a whole year, so you may as well get use to it." She laughs. "Well, I just came to tell you dinner is ready. I made my special spaghetti."

"Sounds delicious." I smile towards her.

She chuckled before heading out of the room. I took a deep breath before throwing the rest of the pillows onto the bed, obviously not in beautifully arranged order they were in before, but it made do.

I looked into the mirror, fixing up my denim shorts and loose white t-shirt before kicking off my shoes by the bed and heading outside my door.

Shit, which way was the kitchen again? I started heading downstairs until stopping halfway, completely lost. It was a pretty big house.

"This way, clumsy." A voice says behind me. I move aside and let the mystery boy walk past me. He was dressed this time in a tight fitting, grey t-shirt with some black skinny jeans and a beanie.

I still couldn't help but to stand there and stare at him. He was one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever lied my eyes upon.

"Are you coming or not?" He questions, sighing as he stared at me. It snapped me out of my daydream as I then realize I was standing still. Instead of speaking like a normal human being, I just nodded. He shook his head as he continued walking towards the direction of the kitchen.

I rush down the stairs seeing as I was being left behind, and then we finally met the kitchen. And it smelled wonderful in here. Mother never made it home to actually home cook a meal. Usually it was just Hot Pockets or Chinese food.

"I see you met my son, Tucker." Susan says with a smile. "I hope it wasn't too much of a shock seeming as I forgot to tell you all about him."

"It wasn't." I lied. Tucker must've knew I was lying by the sudden smirk that appeared on his face as he opened the cabinet, pulling out three empty glasses.

She lays the big spaghetti bowl in the center of the table with three plates set up at this fairly large dining table. Two on opposite ends of the table and one on the center of the side of the table.

"Take a seat my dear." Susan suggested, pointing towards the table. I take the seat that was placed on the side of the table. Soon after, Tucker takes a seat on one of the opposite ends as Susan does the same. "Go ahead, Elise, grab something to eat."

I reach for the wooden tongs in the spaghetti bowl, somehow Tucker does the same and our hands bump together. I quickly retract my hand into my lap.

You're such an idiot, Elise. You just look weird now.

Tucker continues to grab the tongs as he places some spaghetti onto my plate before doing the same for himself.

I grab my fork I poke it into the spaghetti, twirling it around before placing a bite into my mouth. The taste of the sauce, seasoning, everything was perfect.

"How does it taste?" Susan continues to ask.

"Like heaven." I reply after swallowing the bite of food.

She laughs. "That's great. Now is the time I will continue to talk about school and house rules." I look to her and nodded. "Tucker will be driving you both to and from school--"

"What?!" Tucker questioned, almost choking on his bite of spaghetti. "Mom, I actually have a life, I don't need to be strolling around some chick I don't even know."

"Walking seems fine to me." I say, nodding.

"Don't be silly, now. Tucker will certainly be willing to give you a ride, isn't that right?" She says, hardly. It was almost as if she was putting words into his mouth for him.

"Walking really doesn't sound half bad to me--"

"Yeah, I'll drive her." He takes a sip from his water.

Susan smiled. "Great!"

Yeah, great...