Chapter Thirty-Five

Thomas's arm shot out in front of me protectively. 

"You." Tucker pointed to Thomas and began marching towards him.

Oh no...everything was going so bad right now.

I tried to step in front of Tucker to stop him but before I knew it, he had already taken the first swung at Thomas's face. 

Thomas managed to throw a good punch at Tucker before he went to do more. Tucker raised his fist in the air before I stepped in front of Thomas.

His fist paused inches away from my face when he soon realized it was me.

"Go ahead." I challenged. He dropped his hand to his side before.

"Touch me again, and I'll break your other arm." Tucker threatens Thomas before he goes back to his car and opens the passenger door for me.

"I'm not going with you." I say.

"Get in or I'll call Susan." He says.

"You wouldn't." I say.

He takes out his phone and begins dialing the numbers before putting his phone to his ear.

"Yeah, hey mom. I just wanted to let you know that--"

"Okay! Fine!" I said in defeat. "I'll go with you."

He smirks before putting his phone back to his ear. "Never mind, everything's fine. Yes, mom. I promise we're home watching Spongebob safely."

I turn around to Thomas. 

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" I ask. He simply nods, anger all across his face. "You should probably go before something else bad happens. Thank you though. I'll see you tomorrow." I hand him back his jacket.

He takes it and walks away. Was he angry with me?

Tucker hangs up the phone and leans against the open passenger door with a smirk of victory on his face.

I get in annoyed. Ignoring him.

"No 'thank you'?" He questions. 

"I want you to take me home and home only." I fold my arms, not even once glancing at him. I was angry, and confused. Everything that was going on was giving me whiplash.

I can't trust no one.

I needed to get to the bottom of why Susan handed over $10,000 to Reese.

"Yes ma'am." He says closing my door and going over to his side to get in.

Once he closes his door he drives off.

"You know, I practically saved your life."  He comments.

I continue to ignore him.

"So we're going to play that game?" He questions.

"How did you even find me??" I ask, ignoring his comments.

"I can thank Ethan for the phone call." He replies.

"Why? He didn't even do anything!" I shout angrily.

"Not to you. Not yet. I wont let that happen though." He says.

I glance at him angrily. "I know the whole story about Hanna. He didn't even do anything bad, if anything he saved her in a way."

His eyes turned cold, and his smirk wiped away from his face. "Fucking asshole." He spat.

"What?"

"What did he tell you?!" He questioned angrily.

"That she passed out in his bed and--" 

He begins to chuckle in an odd way. "That's the shittiest excuse I've heard to this day. She didn't just magically pass out in his bed. Yeah, maybe after the drugs. And maybe after he touched her."