Chapter Twenty-Two

As I arrived home, it was passed seven. I needed that, I couldn't thank Cathy enough. I walked in slowly, closing the door behind me as silently as I could, avoiding to bring attention to me.

Don't get me wrong, I felt bad for skipping most of school, but I did not want to face Tucker whatsoever.

As I took one step into the house, the lights flip on.

Shit.

"Susan, I'm sorry, I'll explain--" I began frantically apologizing until I looked up and saw it wasn't Susan, but instead Tucker.

Great, just great.

"You better explain. I waited for you at the school for over an hour, thinking you might've gotten detention or something, just to find out you left early?" He scolds me, even though he has no right to. He looks down at my bag in my hand. "You went fucking shopping?!"

"Where's Susan?" I asked.

"You're lucky she left this evening to have some fun because I covered for your ass." He said.

With a sigh, I walked passed him not wanting to speak to him whatsoever.

He was quick to grab my wrist and turn me back to face him.

"Let go." I demanded, not being able to get my hand out of his grip.

He releases. "Don't you walk away from me."

"What the hell do you want me to say?!" I shouted, angrily. His eyebrows furrow.

"Did I do something wrong, or...?" He asks.

He cannot be fucking serious right now.

"You know, I'm beginning to think everyone is lying to me. Oh wait, I forgot!" I said sarcastically. "You don't care."

"Elise," He said softly.

"I really don't have the energy right now, Tucker." I sighed, tiredly.

"You knew about the picture, so why are you overreacting?" He questions, rudely.

Today was definitely not the day.

"Overreacting? Tucker how am I overreacting, we kissed and you refuse to take some responsibility for it!" I snapped.

"It's not like it meant anything." His words went through me like knives.

"Great to know." I faked smile as I turned around to walk upstairs. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him.

What the hell could he possibly want now?!

"Don't fucking touch me." I said sternly.

"Why are you acting like this? It's not like I'd ever date you, I mean look at you." He said.

Ouch.

"Right, well if it helps your pretty little reputation, I never liked you. That's the problem with people like you, you think everyone likes you when in reality everyone hates you." I state, no regretting a word.

He opens his mouth to respond, but closes it.

"How's that for pathetic?" I question before heading upstairs and into my room, closing the door behind me as I set down my bag and collapsed onto my bed.

Letting out a couple of tears into my pillow, not bothering to change as I fell fast asleep.

+++

I woke up to my alarm clock, which was odd since I usually wake up before it.

It could be because I spent most of my night crying, just to realize how stupid I am.

I mean, he's right.