Chapter Seventeen

"No way." I said, folding my arms over my chest.

"Come on, just go ring the door bell and then run back." He smirked, sitting in his drivers seat.

We were currently parked behind a bush in front of a random house at 2:00 P.M.

"We were suppose to be done with the groceries by now. This is not fun whatsoever." I say leaning back in the seat with a sigh.

"It's only not fun because you've been sitting here for over an hour acting like it's a crime." He says.

My eyes dart to him. "Because in some way it is, dumb ass."

He sighed. "I'm waiting."

If only I could've just gone shopping by myself. I mean, how the hell does he think this is fun?

I sighed, with frustration, unbuckling my seat belt as I opened the door and exited. I slowly closed the door, trying not to make a sound. 

I took one look back to see Tucker smirking at me. Goddamn him.

I slowly approached the door, about to ring the doorbell until and egg came flying right next to me, hitting the house. I turned around immediately to find Tucker with an egg carton, throwing them at the house.

That's when lights flipped on in the house, and Tucker took off.

Shit! He set me up.

I began running as I heard footsteps and loud voices approach the door. I jumped into a bush and just sat there, hearing a voice curse as the door opened.

I looked around anxiously for Tucker's car, but it wasn't anywhere to be seen. Just my fucking luck.

I absolutely hated Tucker Vincent.

I got up making sure not to be seen as I continued to walk down the empty sidewalk, just thinking about what I was going to do to Tucker. How I was going to get revenge, because this was not acceptable whatsoever.

I continued to walk.

And walk.

And walk.

It's been about five minutes now, where the hell was he??

I was completely lost now, or at least until I saw an ice cream shop. Maybe they had a phone I could use to ring up Susan. 

As I approached the shop, breathlessly, I noticed a familiar voice.

I turned my head to find Cathy.

"Cathy!" I shouted, with joy.

Her eyes darted to me in confusion.

"Elise! What are you doing here? And why do you look like shit?" She questioned. I took a seat next to her at a table outside of the small shop.

"Long story short; I need a ride."

+++

As we pulled up in front of the Vincent's house she looked to me.

"Um, why did you give me directions to Tucker Vincent's house?" She questioned.

"You know him?" I questioned.

"Of course. Who doesn't? He use to throw the best parties here when his mom went out on vacations, until Thomas came along and took over that record. But he's still known for being the coach's favorite athlete and one with the ladies." She winks. "Now are you going to tell me why we're here?"

"You see, I kind of live here now..." I explained as her mouth formed an 'o' shaped in shock. "I'll tell you the rest tomorrow at school but I really have to go now. Thanks for the ride."

I opened the door and exited. She drove off and I continued to walk in the direction of the house. Tucker's car was here, of course it was.

Words could not explain my hatred for him right now.

It was now dark. I slowly walked up the steps onto the porch, until a hand wrapped around my arm pulling me aside.

I screamed in shock, until another hand came up and covered my mouth.

"Jesus Christ! Can you be quiet? It's me." A familiar voice said behind me.

I tore my arm out of there grip and turned around to face Tucker. He raised his hands in surrender.

I sighed in relief.

No wait.

I was pissed at him.

I slapped him right across the face. "Fuck you Tucker."

He pressed his hand onto his cheek. "You have a hard hit."

"Good!" I shouted in disbelief.

"Look, I know you're pissed but just hear me out--"

"Hear you out?! You totally set me up and then just left! I could've been kidnapped or something!"

A smirk formed onto his lips as he let out a little laugh. I hit his arm.

"What the fuck?!" I questioned.

"You seriously need to stop hitting me." He said, pressing his hand against his arm. "I got the groceries though."

"You're such a dick." I said walking in the direction of the front door until he grabbed my arm, pulling me into his chest. I backed up. "What do you want?"

"Just don't tell my mother." He says.

"You deserve to get in trouble." I stated.

"Please, the last thing I need is to get lectured from my mother." He begged.

"Whatever." I sighed.

"I owe you one." He said. 

"You already owed me one from before, remember?" I reminded him, about to walk into the house.

"Elise." He said, stopping me.

"What?"

"You have a leaf in your hair." He said, picking it out.

I shook my head before walking inside.