Chapter Eight

What am I thinking? This is such a bad idea. What if I get shot or something? Like, this is some serious shit I could be getting myself into here.

Stop acting like a baby, Elise. We have to get back at Tucker for everything he's done.

If we're being honest here, I don't plan on ratting him out. I'm not that type of person, instead, I have bigger plans in mind. I will record everything and use it as blackmail so that he'll leave me alone.

I looked at the clock on the nightstand beside me.

9:59 P.M.

What am I doing? I can't do this.

Then in that second, the clock went up a minute. It was now 10:00.

Any second now he could be out. It took about 30 seconds until I heard a door open and footsteps following. The footsteps carried down the stairs.

This was my time now. I got out of bed, slipped on my Hello-Kitty slippers before carrying out my door, looking both ways before sneaking out.

I continued downstairs as well until reaching the kitchen. I heard noises, someone shifting but it was more then one person.

Was he doing a drug deal at his house?? In the pitch dark?

And that's when I tripped on something, landing face first onto the wooden floor.

Goddamn my clumsiness.

Clumsy.

I hated calling myself it, let alone Tucker Vincent.

The lights went on and I was faced with two people. None being Tucker.

Shit, shit, shit.

Were they here to rob us? Kill us?

Only bad things were running through my mind as my heart began racing.

So I screamed. I don't know why I did, knowing that Susan went out with her friends tonight leaving Tucker and I home alone for the night, and with no luck finding Tucker, I guess it was only me.

"Jesus Christ! Would you quiet down?" The guy with curly hair questioned, covering his ears.

"Who the hell are you?" I questioned, stood up against the wall.

"We could ask you the same thing, love." The guy with a heavy accent and black hair replied.

That's when the front door swung open and Tucker came in frantically. 

"Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to scream?" He questioned the two guys before laying his eyes on me. "You've got to be kidding me."

"You never told us you had company." The heavy accent dude winked, nudging the curly haired boy.

"Uh.." He trailed off. "She's the cleaning lady."

I quickly grabbed a broom that was coincidentally leaning against the wall next to me and smiled. "I clean floors."

"Bullshit. She's way too hot to be mopping floors like Cinderella." The accent boy continued.

"Well, she is. So will you back the fuck up, Ethan." Tucker sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"If this is what cleaning ladies look like, I'll hire twenty." The curly-haired boy said with a smirk.

Ethan furrowed his eyebrows. "Jay, clean up the drool, it's visible."

"Look, can we just go already?" Tucker said with frustration. "The cleaning lady needs to get back to work." he glared at me.

It was one of those looks that spoke for itself.

"Oh please, I just got here." Ethan smirked before holding out his hand. "The name's Ethan."

"Elise." I replied, putting my hand in his, expecting a hand shake, but instead he brought it up to his soft lips before planting a kiss on it.

Tucker folded his arms. "She really needs to get about to work. Don't you, Elise?"

"I'm sure she can take off a few hours to come hang with us, can't you?"

"No way--"

"Sure." I smiled, interrupting Tucker's response. There was no need for blackmail if I could torture Tucker just by hanging with him and his friend's.

"Great. Now we can go." He smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Tucker continued glaring at me. He squinted his eyes with an annoyed expression. I smirked.

Ethan guided me out the door and into a jeep. He opened the back left door for me. I climbed in, scooting all the way over to the right seat as Ethan took the seat next to me.

Jay took a seat in the passenger seat, and Tucker was the last one in. He was driving.

"Got the beer?" Jay questioned Ethan.

Beer?

"Wouldn't go without it." He answered. 

"Great. I heard it's going to be a killer." Jay smirked.

Tucker started the vehicle before turning the rear-view mirror in my direction as he continued to glare in my direction. 

I thought I had won this, until I saw a smirk crawl onto his lips before the car took off. Jay and Ethan continued talking.

Maybe I should've just stayed in my room. I have a bad feeling about this. A real bad feeling.