Chapter Twenty

I woke up to cloudy skies outside. Looks like it's about to rain. Everything that happened last night hit me.

I kissed Tucker; or Tucker kissed me. I can't remember which but we kissed. His warm pink lips clashed upon mine, and we probably have stopped if it wasn't for that lady.

Tucker likes me, and I like him.

But he has a girlfriend...

I instantly felt terrible. I haven't felt this bad since I was seven when I lost my mother's wedding ring that she still kept for some reason.

Although we didn't talk to each other on the way back home, because we were both in shock, I feel great.

Better then I have in ages, and I know I shouldn't since he basically cheated on Diana with me, I never wanted to be that type of person, but I couldn't help but to feel happy.

I climbed out of bed, digging through my closet before deciding on my usual baggy t-shirt, but with skinny jeans this time, and my white converse. I put my hair into a pony tail before heading downstairs into the kitchen where Tucker and Susan sat talking together.

"So have you heard from him lately?" Susan's voice questioned silently. I stopped in my steps and hid behind the door frame to listen.

I was never one to eavesdrop, so you can imagine how guilty I felt doing this. I would feel more terrible walking in and interrupting their conversation, so I just stood here.

"No, mom. And I don't think he's coming home anytime soon. I mean, he hasn't for the last two years." Tucker responded.

Who were they talking about??

"I just miss him so much." Susan cries.

"He'll be fine. He has been for a while." Tucker reassures her in his dick-ish way.

That's when I walked in, trying to make it look like I was totally not listening to their every word.

"Elise!" Susan greeted me with a warm smile, wiping the make up from under her eyes, obviously trying to make it look like she wasn't crying.

Tucker squinted his eyes before getting up and going through the cabinets.

"I thought you left already! You look beautiful." I comment, trying to lighten the mood within the kitchen.

"I know, thank you. I should get going before I'm even more late then I am." She gasps, placing her phone in her purse before approaching the door.

"Have a great day, and drive safe!" I call after her. She sends me a smile before leaving.

I sigh at Tucker's ignorance towards his mother. Without saying bye to her.

He finally grabbed a jar from the top of the cabinet, placing it down in front of him and opening it.

He stood, eating a cookie.

His eyes immediately dart to mine as I took a step into the kitchen.

"How are you?" I asked, breaking the silence. I so badly wanted to ask him about what they were talking about, but I side against it.

"What's it to you?" He replied, taking another bite from his cookie.

"That's not very nutritional." I say, ignoring his side comment.

He smirks. "Okay, mom. Good to know."

We both laugh.

"You know, I think the dress suits you better." He says, looking me up and down. "It shows off your curves. I think it's sexy."