Chapter Twenty-Four

"Here it is." Cathy said as we both got out of her 1967 Chevy Impala as the loud music filled our ears.

It wasn't a mansion, like Thomas's house, but much rather a regular house, don't get me wrong it was still big, but not the size of The White House.

"What now?" I questioned, unsure. I mean, of course I know how to have fun...I guess.

"Are you sure about this? Seems like you're having cold feet." She raises an eyebrow towards me.

No.

"Yeah, of course. It's going to be awesome." I said, reassuring both her and myself.

"Great. Now, I'm going to go inside, grab something to drink and dance my heart out on the dance floor. But if I disappear, just know I'll be just fine." She winks before walking inside.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

I walk inside as well, already seeming to have lost Cathy. Great.

I managed to catch some guy's eyes, with what I was wearing. I immediately began to feel extremely uncomfortable, as if I wasn't twenty minutes ago when I was putting on the dress and giving myself pep-talks in the mirror.

"Woah." I heard one guy mutter as I tried to walk by ever so silently.

I managed my way through until being stopped by an arm that shot out.

"I don't think I remember you ever telling me your name." He smirks. I didn't recognize his face, but it was sure beautiful.

It looked a lot like Tucker's. The eye color, everything about him reminded me of Tucker.

God, I'm already losing it and I haven't even had a drink.

"I don't recall ever giving it to you." I respond, not wanting anything to do with this guy.

"Well, how about I get you a drink, and we talk over it." He winks. "Don't you want to have fun?"

Fun. Remember, we came here to have fun, Elise.

I smile. "Sure, why not."

"Great, don't move. I'll be right back." He says before turning around and walking into another room. I stay, as he told me to, leaning against a wall.

"Hey." A familiar voice says beside me.

I turn my head, with my smile slowly fading. It was Thomas.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, annoyed.

"Probably for the same reason you are." He responds smiling with two red solo cups in his hands. "Want a drink?"

"No...thanks." I said, rejecting his offer, rudely. But who cares, it was well-deserved.

"Look, I didn't lie to you, Elise. I know you might think that, but I'd never do that to someone like you." He says.

Something inside of me wanted me to believe him. But there was already too much proof not to.

"Please, go away." I said, feeling more upset with myself then with him.

"Elise--"

"She said go away." I was joined  back with the same stranger from before with two drinks in hand, handing me one.

I take it from him, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear shyly. "Thanks."

Thomas, opened his mouth to say something, but quickly closed it before downing the rest of his drink, throwing the other down onto the ground and marching off angrily.

The Summer Of Us (Discontinued)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara