Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Hey, babe." A familiar voice awoke me from my sleep. The voice was husky, and sexy. I rolled over without opening my eyes.

"Not now, Tucker. We can make out later." I joke as I try to go back to sleep.

"Well, if I knew I was going to get that type of offer, I would've came here sooner." The voice says behind me, and that's when I realized it wasn't Tucker. I sprang up from my sleep meeting the eye's of Reese, and the smirk on his lips.

"Reese! You perv!" I shout, chucking my pillow at him, but he catches it mid-air.

"Hey, now, you're the one offering." He points out, raising both his eyebrows towards me.

"I thought you were Tucker! Get out!" I continue to shout.

He winks, setting down my pillow. "Well, either way we both have school, so wake up." He says as he turns to walk out of my room, until he stops himself, mid-step. "And by the way, if you're still down to make out--"

"Out." I demanded, crossing my arms.

He chuckles before fully exiting my room. I close my door the second he steps out.

Damn this whole twin situation...

I walked to my closet, opening it and deciding on a pair of ripped jeans and a flannel. Once I was finished putting on my outfit and getting ready for the day, I grabbed the golden locket necklace Tucker gave me, putting it on.

I smiled at my appearance. It completed the look.

As soon as I slipped on my converse, I swung my bag around my shoulder and headed downstairs where I found Tucker eating and Susan sipping her black coffee.

Tucker turns attention to me and so does Susan.

"Good morning, dear." She sends me a heartwarming smile. "Where's Reese?"

And just as she said that, he appears behind me. "Right here."

Startled, I turned my head around to find him smirking. He sent me a wink, and I cringed as I made my way to Tucker.

"Right, well I have to get to work. Tucker, you're driving your brother to school." Susan says, grabbing her purse.

"What?! No." Both Tucker and I sang in unison.

"You heard me." Susan stood her ground before exiting out the door.

+++

"I can't believe you went to a party without me!" My best friend, Cathy said in disbelief, flaring her arms in the air.

"It hardly was even a party." I rolled my eyes.

She seemed to sense the tension between me and the whole subject. "Tell me everything." She rests her hand on her palm as she began to listen closely.

And this is when I save you from hearing me ramble on about what happened between Thomas and I, how I met my dad after all these years, and how Tucker has a twin brother.

"Holy shit." She says staring at me blankly. "Is he hot?"

"Cathy! So not the point!" I said. "He's over there, at that table." I pointed across the cafeteria to where Reese sat with members of the football team with Diana on his lap.

"He has the bitch tied around his finger too?" She turned back to me with disappointment in her face.

I sigh, picking apart my salad with my fork. "Apparently so, but it isn't exactly because she likes him, but more so to seek revenge on me?"

She forms an 'o' shape with her mouth. "That would make sense."

"I just, need to get away from the whole situation, including Tucker." I say honestly. "I don't think I've ever been more stressed my whole life."

"Great! Party tonight, and we're going." She speaks.

"Woah, I was thinking more along the lines of The Notebook and pizza." I laugh.

"Oh please, boring! Trust me, you'll have fun." She says.

"That's what you said last time." I roll my eyes.

"I mean it this time."

"Okay, fine." I finally say, knowing that I would've had to either way. "But I'm not drinking. I've already drank enough to last me a lifetime."

She silently cheers to herself. "Great! My place, tonight. I've got the perfect dress for you."

As soon as the bell rings, we part our ways to go to our separate classes, and that's when I saw Thomas. Standing two feet away from me.

"Hey." He smiles with his hands in his pockets. "The other day was...insane. I'm sorry for my part."

"Leave me alone, Thomas." I said, walking past him, only to be stopped by his strong hand wrapped around his arm.

"What the hell did I do this time?" He demands in a serious tone, startling me. 

"Let go of me!" I shout, and that's when another body steps in front of me, pushing Thomas against the wall forcing him to let go of me.

"She said let go you dick." Reese shouts in his face.

"Reese, it's fine." I say.

Thomas seems to realize the damage he has done, turning to me with an apologetic expression.

"I'm sorry." He seems to mutter when Reese lets go of him.

"You okay?" Reese asks me, lifting the arm he clung onto to check for any marks.

I snatch my arm out of his grip. "I said, it's fine."

He raises his eyebrows. "It didn't look like that a second ago."

"What do you think you're doing? You could've gotten hurt." I say.

He laughs. "Elise, I use to deal with this stuff all the time. Plus, wouldn't want my brother's girl to get hurt." He winks.

"Just don't tell Tucker, please?" I beg.

He folds his arms. "And why not? It would be a fun scene to watch."

"Promise me."

He smirks, squinting his eyes. "Better get to class before you're late, babe." He said before walking away.

Great.