Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Now, what seems to be the situation here?" She asks.

He showed her his arm and she gasped.

"What happened?!" She said worriedly whilst directing him to sit down on the hospital bed.

As he sat down, she pulled out a table with a silver pan on it where medical tools laid all across. "Dropped some glass and I guess I didn't notice anything."

"You didn't feel anything?" She questioned. 

"Nope." 

She glances at me after putting on some rubber gloves but then went back to focusing on the wound. "Are you going to introduce your friend here?"

"Oh yeah..." He says, looking at me. "She's a...housemate. She's been living with us since her mom's out of town for business."

I look down at my sandals with my arms folded. I don't know why that just felt like a punch in the face to me, I mean, I forgave Tucker. And I understood why he said that, because I mean he has a girlfriend.

As much as I hate to remind myself, he's not mine to have.

"All done." She says after putting down the stitching tools and wrapping a bandage around his arm. "Now, let me just put this down on the records and you'll be good to go--"

"My mother can't find out." Tucker says.

"It's my job, I have to." She answers. 

"Please, Carol." He pleads.

She smiles. "Only with the exception of seeing you around for dinner soon."

"I'd love to join." He smiles. They both share a laugh before he gets up and walks towards me.

"Well, I'll see you later then." Carol calls after him as we both walk out of the room and down the hallways.

He sighs. "Thank god that was over."

"She seemed nice." I shrug.

He raises his eyebrows. "Well, compared to Diana herself, she is much nicer."

I laugh. "Then what seems to be the deal?"

"I haven't seen her in months." 

"Well, it's not like she's a stranger. She's your girlfriend's mother." I point out.

"A girlfriend whom I don't even consider to be my girlfriend." He adds.

What?

"I'm sorry, what?" I question. It seems as if he was shocked to what he had just admitted as well as I.

He doesn't do anything though, just simply shrugs it off. "She's good at blow jobs, but that's just about it."

I couldn't help but to laugh. "You can't be serious! How did you all end up dating then?"

"The day after we hooked up at this party for the fifth time in a week, she randomly took claim of me." He sighs. "It's a long story."

"No, tell me I want to hear."

He smirks. "It all started with a new girl, Hanna. She and I became great friends, before I was even into Diana. But one thing lead to another, and Diana's jealousy got to the best of her. She didn't allow me to be around Hanna, and if I was caught even looking in her direction, it would be just more drama."

"Where's Hanna today?" I question. 

His eyes darkened as he licked his upper lip. "She died last spring."

"Oh my god, Tucker..." I spoke quietly. "Diana didn't...do anything right?--"

"No, no. Hanna was drunk the day she died. At one of Thomas's parties. She decided to go home with another dude she didn't know, who also happened to be drunk. They crashed into a tree, the guy survived with minimal injuries, Hanna was in a coma for almost a week before she actually died." He says. He was upset talking about the subject, but he never cried.

"Tucker..." I trailed off.

"That's not the worst part." He chuckles, trying to hide the emotional side of him. "She called me that night, crying over the line about how she caught her boyfriend cheating on her. She was vulnerable that night, but she wouldn't tell me where she was."

"Is that why you came to find me yesterday night?" I questioned.

He turns to face me once again. "Elise, I can't explain what I feel for you. I don't want anybody to touch you, I want you all to myself--"

"Tucker, we can't--"

"No, we can." He stops me, obviously tired of hearing that line.

I wanted him so badly.

We reach an elevator, and I press the button to the elevator. Once the doors opened, we both got into the empty elevator.

It was complete tension between us before I reached for the elevator button, pressing it before Tucker grabbed my wrist, pulling me to him.

"Tell me you feel the same. I know you do." He demands, holding my hand close to his chest, leaving us inches apart.

I do.

"Tucker," I begin.

"Stop. Stop with the excuses. I want to hear it from your lips."

"I--"

I was suddenly cut off by the two elevator doors opening to the main lobby, taking us back into reality, especially when we both heard a familiar voice.

"Tucker!--" A high-pitched voice says in shock, but suddenly cuts off. I knew it was Diana almost immediately.