Chapter Forty

(A/N): Ah! Yes we have made it to the last chapter of this book! I started writing this during the beginning of July, and I never thought I would've gotten so much love and support from so many people. I would just like to thank everyone who has stuck with me and this book until the end.

I will be making a sequel to this series, so be prepared for more to come. Also! I will be editing this book and I guess making it better in a way? Since I did sort of write this whole story raw, not thinking I'd keep it as a book but more so as an idea.

Once again, thank you for everything, and enjoy! xx

+++

"How do you feel about pink?" Cathy questioned pulling out different dresses from her closet.

I raised my eyebrows in shock. "I never knew you owned anything other than black."

She rolled her eyes. "Oh please, like I'd buy this type of shit. My mother bought it for me a year ago, it looks like it can fit you."

"I'm not so sure about the color...." I hesitate knowing that I'd probably look like a giant strawberry or a prostitute looking at the length of it. 

"It'll look great on you, I promise. Now go put it on." She demands, helping me up from her bed and handing me the dress to put on.

I sigh, entering her closet and closing the door behind me as I unzipped my jeans letting them pool at my feet before unbuttoning my shirt and letting that fall to the floor as well.

Since this was a strapless dress, I had to take off my bra as well. I slid the dress on, sipping it up the best I could before entering her room again.

A shocked emotion filled her face. "You look fucking hot!"

"Thanks." I smile as she hands me a pair of heels. My phone goes off for what seems like the hundredth time. And like all the rest of the times, it was Tucker.

"Don't pick up." Cathy said.

I sighed. "I have to, otherwise he's going to think I'm mad at him or something." I said, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Elise? Where are you? Are you okay?" His frantic voice comes through the phone.

"I'm fine, I'm just over at Cathy's." I say. 

"I'll kick his fucking head in." He begins. Fucking Reese. Of course he told him. "I want you home right now before I go over and pick you up myself."

"Tucker, no, I'm fine. I'm just going to go out for a few, I'll be back before you--"

"Out where?" He cuts me off.

"Just...to a party." I tell the truth. I was tired of lying.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." He groans over the line. "No, I said no."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Well, last time I checked you don't control what I do. I'm not going to drink, I just going to have fun."

"I'm coming right--" I hung up the phone and looked to Cathy who sat doing her own make up.

"Let's go." I say.

+++

We entered the house in which heavy music filled our ears and alcohol and stale cigarettes filled our nostrils. Nothing new.

"I'm going to go grab a drink, are you sure you don't want anything?" She questions.

"Positive." I answered. That was a no-brainer.

"Okay. Loosen up, you look too tense." She tells me before she disappeared into the kitchen.

This party was different because there weren't as many people, which meant everyone had an opportunity to really get a look of what you look like.

And the pink dress didn't help the hungry eyes around me.

"What's your name?" A guy slurs as he struggles to find his balance behind me.

I turn around to find no one I recognized.

"Elise." I smile innocently, hoping the dress didn't throw him off as to the type of person I am. I know I'm not dating Tucker, but sometimes it does feel that way, so I wasn't about to let one guy get in between of that.

"Want to go make out?" He questions.

I shake my head. "No thanks."

"C'mon, it's just upstairs." He tries to persuade me, but I stand my ground.

"I said no." I reply a bit more rude then before.

He furrows his eyebrows looking me up and down before dumping his cup of alcohol on me. "Whatever. Your loss, bitch." He spits before walking away.

Great.

I heard a familiar chuckle from behind me and I turn around to find Reese. 

"Now, that was a show." He smirks, folding his arms.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I question furiously, shaking off the excess liquid that wasn't already soaked into the fabric of the dress.

"I came here with Tuck, who's been looking for your ass." He sighs. "Thank God he found you, he wouldn't stop bugging me about getting here faster."

"Tucker's here?" I questioned. "I haven't seen him..."

He raises an eyebrow. "You were here before us, weren't you?"

"I just got here." I answered.

He shrugs. "That's weird, because I could've sworn Diana said you were already here."

"Diana's here too?" I asked, even more confused then last time.

"Yes, Jesus, where have you been?" He replied.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his comment. "Where's Tucker now?"

"Upstairs looking for your ass. I suggest you better go find him before he turns this whole place upside down." He says.

I nod. "Thank you." Before heading upstairs. There were three long hallways which were empty.

That must mean he's already in a room. 

That's weird...

I continue to open door after door until reaching one. I heard a familiar voice.

"You know, I always liked you..." Diana's high pitched voice said seductively.

"Diana..." Tucker's soft voice joined in.

"Shh, I know you still like me." Diana stopped Tucker.

Tears began to fill my eyes as I already knew what was going on.

I opened the door to find Tucker lying down on the white duvet with Diana on top of him. Her dress was on the floor and she was making out with Tucker, until the opening of the door, stopped them.

Tucker's eyes were the first to meet mine. 

I couldn't believe it...

+++

THE END.